Sony BDP-S4100

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedkandi

Hi there.
First of all, apologise for my bad english. I don't have enough technical vocabulary.
Well, about the player.
I find It on a second hand shop in Spain with a very good price (about 35 euros).
My first intention to buy it is for use It to made a backup of my only 2 titles in sacd that i have, and after that convert them to a compatible audio format.
My amplifier is a Harman Kardon avr235 that don't have HDMI so i have to connect It at coaxial output.
About this plug. Surely can play dolby digital 5.1, but what dts,? 48/24 or 96/24?
Also read in the specifications that have problems with dual disc (i have the Hooverphonic álbum).
So, the question is. Buy or not?
Now i have LG BD player connected with spdif and at the moment no one problem.
Thanks a lot for reading.

Ok, thanks. And what about the coaxial?. I can use for enjoy multichannel like dolby and dts, i guess.

Hi there.
First of all, apologise for my bad english. I don't have enough technical vocabulary.
Well, about the player.
I find It on a second hand shop in Spain with a very good price (about 35 euros).
My first intention to buy it is for use It to made a backup of my only 2 titles in sacd that i have, and after that convert them to a compatible audio format.
My amplifier is a Harman Kardon avr235 that don't have HDMI so i have to connect It at coaxial output.
About this plug. Surely can play dolby digital 5.1, but what dts,? 48/24 or 96/24?
Also read in the specifications that have problems with dual disc (i have the Hooverphonic álbum).
So, the question is. Buy or not?
Now i have LG BD player connected with spdif and at the moment no one problem.
Thanks a lot for reading.
Hi
I have this Sony Blu-ray player.
It was bought as new over 3 years ago, solely for the purpose of ripping SACD's.
It has fulfilled all that I needed it to do.
Highly recommended.

Done my first backup. Now i have to fight with the coaxial connect. I don't know why i can't hear in surround. Only pcm. I have a Harman Kardon avr 235.

Done my first backup. Now i have to fight with the coaxial connect. I don't know why i can't hear in surround. Only pcm. I have a Harman Kardon avr 235.

If you're playing an sacd, you're out of luck on coaxial. If you're playing a dvd or a DTS cd, check the player settings, make sure you have the proper sound selected on the dvd (Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1) or bd (either of the previous 2 or DTS-MA or Dolby TryHD) and also make sure you have the proper setting on your AVR.

Yes, I took the SACD thing for granted. Thank you very much. Hence catch this to make backup copies.
I have sinned as a rookie, or rather my memory with the cable. It turns out that it has a capsule or adapter that, when removed, already fits well into the connection.
Regarding records that I have on DVD and I was interested in making them sound. They already work in dts at 96/24. But no matter how much I look at the pcm stereo, it gives me 48/24.

Back