Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
beerking, I have loaded the latest Java on my MacBook and loaded the software - set up the Sony from scratch and tried to run an extraction. I'm getting the same errors with the MacBook. I also have been reading the portion of the thread you sent me over at HifiHaven. One guy had everything go right with my same set up and another was having the same problems with the same error messages including the inaccessible port. Mikey Fresh was helping him solve things. BTW, from their experience an iMac works just fine once the issues are solved.

The guy with problems got them solved when he found an additional folder on his thumb drive. I had found an additional folder on my thumb drive also so I deleted it. I just checked it again and the folder with the same name, buda, had been put on the thumb drive again. I've deleted it now several times and the same thing keeps happening after reinserting it into the Sony and trying to run the software.

Sheese, I'm running into a wall here. I might try to wedge myself into that year old thread over at Hifi Haven and see if Mikey Fresh can help. What do you think? Or, do you or anyone else have any further ideas?

Thanks

beerking, I have loaded the latest Java on my MacBook and loaded the software - set up the Sony from scratch and tried to run an extraction. I'm getting the same errors with the MacBook. I also have been reading the portion of the thread you sent me over at HifiHaven. One guy had everything go right with my same set up and another was having the same problems with the same error messages including the inaccessible port. Mikey Fresh was helping him solve things. BTW, from their experience an iMac works just fine once the issues are solved.

The guy with problems got them solved when he found an additional folder on his thumb drive. I had found an additional folder on my thumb drive also so I deleted it. I just checked it again and the folder with the same name, buda, had been put on the thumb drive again. I've deleted it now several times and the same thing keeps happening after reinserting it into the Sony and trying to run the software.

Sheese, I'm running into a wall here. I might try to wedge myself into that year old thread over at Hifi Haven and see if Mikey Fresh can help. What do you think? Or, do you or anyone else have any further ideas?

Thanks
I'm afraid your problem certainly needs Mikey's help, I can recommend him fully, as I had countless problems when I started all this over a year ago and he got me out of my hole.

Just in: While i was working with my MacBook test, SACD_ripper sent a message I had missed. I'm going back to the Hifi Haven post #320 and see if I can copy the terminal command fix mentioned there. I'm not too savvy about using the terminal but perhaps its explained there.

Just in: While i was working with my MacBook test, SACD_ripper sent a message I had missed. I'm going back to the Hifi Haven post #320 and see if I can copy the terminal command fix mentioned there. I'm not too savvy about using the terminal but perhaps its explained there.
Yep can but try.
To save any further frustration (I've been there!!), if that doesn't work, Mikey's your man

This is Mikey's solution :
https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/post-82777

Last edited:
Just saw your post on HIFi Haven, as I've been logged in there for a while!! :) (y)

With the Sony player powered off insert the USB drive into the rear of the unit.( there is a front port but I'm sticking with what I know works)

Power on the Sony player

After a short pause the disc tray will open

Place SACD disc in the tray and power off.

Then wait until there is nothing showing on the Sony player as to its current state (It should show nothing)

This will prove that the USB drive is set up correctly and the next process is ready to be started.

Once that is the case the USB drive can be removed

Last edited:
Hi Bill,
I have been keeping up to date, with your posts over on HIFi Haven and, as yet, I read your problems are yet to be solved. What a complete bummer. I had a feeling it was an unusual issue, as our normal solutions were not working, to get you up and running.
As Mikey said, it could be that the USB stick needs to be changed to another brand, or there is a problem with firewalls etc.
Even he has only ever seen one similar issue to yours. Very strange.
I hope you get it fixed soon
Cheers
Mike

Bill...furthermore in your AutoScript folder, make sure you have AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS and sacd_extract_160. One person had that last file shown as only said sacd_extract. That file won't work. Also, in order to use the GUI program you have to have version 3.9 of sacd extract. Earlier versions won't work.

Hi all,
Just to let everyone know, Bill has had success with his SACD ripping...
Mikey, over at HIFIHAVEN, got him through the final hurdle.
The autoscript thumb drive needed alternative files.
I hope Bill comes back here to share his good luck story.
Isn’t that what ar just said above; seems like Déjà vu all over again (seriously- we need to pound this one into our heads :))

Not quite Pups
Here is the link for an alternative thumb drive method
https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/post-120989
Not sure what would be different about his 5100 model.:unsure: - something to look into??? One great tip there also, is to use a thumb drive with the light on the end, and it does help as an indicator. The use of the correct autoscripts have come up several times for sure. Not trying to take anything away from MikeyFresh; he usually is gonna get er done and he is the “paterfamilias” in these matters AFAIC!

Not sure what would be different about his 5100 model.:unsure: - something to look into??? One great tip there also, is to use a thumb drive with the light on the end, and it does help as an indicator. The use of the correct autoscripts have come up several times for sure. Not trying to take anything away from MikeyFresh; he usually is gonna get er done and he is the “paterfamilias” in these matters AFAIC!
This auto script is a new folder, specifically designed to overcome these glitches, that folk are experiencing on certain Sony Blu-ray players, including the S5100. All very strange Pups
Fully agree on the light up thumb drive....that's what I use.

This auto script is a new folder, specifically designed to overcome these glitches, that folk are experiencing on certain Sony Blu-ray players, including the S5100. All very strange Pups
Fully agree on the light up thumb drive....that's what I use.
Weird. I would have liked to see exactly what thumb drive @bFletch was using and what files were on it that may have possibly been causing problems. No other person on this forum has reported not being able to rip with S5100 once the got all of their software in order?

Not sure what would be different about his 5100 model.:unsure: - something to look into???
I read the thread on HFH and it isn't an S5100 issue, another guy there was having the exact same problem and he uses an S490. He has not yet reported back on trying the AutoRip method.
The problems they are having can only be due to a weird network configuration, or something else like firewall/anti-virus is blocking connection on Port 2002.

The use of the correct autoscripts have come up several times for sure. Not trying to take anything away from MikeyFresh; he usually is gonna get er done and he is the “paterfamilias” in these matters AFAIC!
Or that, I did ask Bill to post a screenie of his AutoScript folder here, but I don't think he ever did. Mikey no doubt had a look at that part, as that tends to be the issue most of the time. Rather than continue to swim upstream any further, Mikey took the network out of the equation and used the AutoRip method instead, which is not unlike the old PS3 method as it writes an ISO to the pen drive instead of passing it over the network back to the computer.
If the AutoRip had not worked, it would have been safe to assume there was a fault with Bill's S5100, but there wasn't, because the AutoRip did work. So back to the network configuration or AutoScript as his problem with using sleep server.

I read the thread on HFH and it isn't an S5100 issue, another guy there was having the exact same problem and he uses an S490. He has not yet reported back on trying the AutoRip method.
The problems they are having can only be due to a weird network configuration, or something else like firewall/anti-virus is blocking connection on Port 2002.

Or that, I did ask Bill to post a screenie of his AutoScript folder here, but I don't think he ever did. Mikey no doubt had a look at that part, as that tends to be the issue most of the time. Rather than continue to swim upstream any further, Mikey took the network out of the equation and used the AutoRip method instead, which is not unlike the old PS3 method as it writes an ISO to the pen drive instead of passing it over the network back to the computer.
If the AutoRip had not worked, it would have been safe to assume there was a fault with Bill's S5100, but there wasn't, because the AutoRip did work. So back to the network configuration or AutoScript as his problem with using sleep server.
Yup, all sounds like solid logic to me @SACD_ripper Thanks!

seems like a multitude of issues resolved with help by MikeyFresh! :cool:
Yep, he the main man Pups, as we both know only too well.
I've been chatting with him recently and invited him to say hello here.
He had to politely decline, as he is very busy with his other commitments.
He did wish as well though and thanked us for linking him and his site to folk in need of help.

As Mikey said, it could be that the USB stick needs to be changed to another brand, or there is a problem with firewalls etc.
Hello beerking, AR surround, J. PUPSTER, et all. Sorry I didn't get back sooner to report my solution over at hifi haven. After going around the bend dozens of times my basic problem the whole time was a bad thumb drive or faulty formatting. Once I finally tried getting the Autoscript onto a new thumb drive everything worked perfectly. It's true that for a while my solution was using the AutoRip method but that fix was really due to using a different thumb drive. Anyway, I thank you all for your help and input. It all added to my SACD ripping education. Mikey Fresh has the patience of a hero for sure and hung in there with me until the finish.

I've done about 100 SACD rips now and am very much enjoying getting them on the server with the DVD-A -- AND out of the cabinet!! I'm a born-again listener and love having all my high res music at my finger tips . . . jumping from album to album like a kid in a candy store. Next is the Blu Ray Audio!

Thanks again and I'm enjoying poking around the QQ site and getting ideas for more music.
bFletch, Bill

Back