Sony Blu-Ray Players used for SACD ripping

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Says unable to open. I have the right address but how do I know what port to use? Tried 2002. Looked into router and says player is connected. I do the ping test and says ok but the test button says port 2002 of address is inaccessible.

2002 worked for me. Make sure you shut the player off (with the disc inside) before you ping and test. The rip actually occurs while the player is in sleep mode.

I thought that and gave the program permission but no change.
What I did was plug the player into a TV (via HDMI) and check out the network address in the player's settings menu. I was able to unplug from TV (in the other side of the house) and the address held once hooked up to my computer. I hope I'm talking about the same issues your having.
Big welcome to the forum eddieg69:)

I thought that and gave the program permission but no change.

Also, it's important to get the sequence of actions correct for it to work (as sjcorne also alluded to.) Sometimes I need to just start the process all over again; after shutting down the player. Another thing that I've always maintained is that I believe the player can go into a deep sleep mode if not doing anything (inactivity for maybe 10-20 minutes) which will also give you a no connection error message, and you'll need to start over again. The player I'm using is the Sony S5100.

Okay, here's a weird issue. I swear I'm not making this up. I've ripped two Sony Japan titles (Bitches Brew and Beck, Bogert & Appice) and the ripped files from both have this horrible high frequency tone in the background. It sounds almost like the television color bar tone. Has anyone else experienced this or am I losing my mind? My rips from US Sony and DV titles have no issues whatsoever.

BTW, I investigated this further and it seems to be an issue with the soundcard in my laptop. Has nothing to do with the ripping process whatsoever. Thanks everyone who responded and attempted to troubleshoot!

BTW, I investigated this further and it seems to be an issue with the soundcard in my laptop. Has nothing to do with the ripping process whatsoever. Thanks everyone who responded and attempted to troubleshoot!

Did you ever figure out what the problem was trying to rip that B.O.C. SACD?

Deff recheck the Network address ( IP). This is known to change for no reason and it's this that needs to be replaced in the GUi setup.

And welcome eddieg69 (y)

Yep, things can go a bit off on their own at times. I have the Fing app on my phone. It will show you the IP addresses of all devices connected to your WiFi.

Also, as I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, sometimes the Blu-ray player (S5100) will "fart" after ripping 4 or 5 discs. (It literally makes a strange kind of sound.) And then I simply have to unplug it and start all over.

Also, as I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, sometimes the Blu-ray player (S5100) will "fart" after ripping 4 or 5 discs. (It literally makes a strange kind of sound.) And then I simply have to unplug it and start all over.

Be more careful of what you feed it. And stay away if anything starts oozing out of it.... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Deff recheck the Network address ( IP). This is known to change for no reason and it's this that needs to be replaced in the GUi setup.

And welcome eddieg69 (y)
Rechecked the IP address hasn't changed. The routine I follow is with the unit powered off (Sony BDP-S590) I plug the drive into the front containing the AutoScript folder. In the folder are the three files AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS and sacd_extract. When the unit powers on the tray will open and I insert the sacd disc. I tell the unit to power off and the drawer closes and shuts down. I then run SACDExtractGUI with the correct address entered. Says failed to connect, libsacdread: can't open (address):2002 for reading. Thanks for all the help so far.

Rechecked the IP address hasn't changed. The routine I follow is with the unit powered off (Sony BDP-S590) I plug the drive into the front containing the AutoScript folder. In the folder are the three files AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS and sacd_extract. When the unit powers on the tray will open and I insert the sacd disc. I tell the unit to power off and the drawer closes and shuts down. I then run SACDExtractGUI with the correct address entered. Says failed to connect, libsacdread: can't open (address):2002 for reading. Thanks for all the help so far.
Hmmm - I've never shut down the unit before finishing the Extraction.....

What disc are you trying to rip, and do you have others to try? Also it might help if you could do a print screen of the SACDExtractGUI with your settings and post that.

Here is what mine looks like (I have the address obscured on the print):
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...sed-for-sacd-ripping.26078/page-4#post-422632

Here is a video of how it works:
https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/rip-sacd-with-a-blu-ray-player.3652/page-2#post-69340

Also, I noticed an important feature that needs to be turned off on the player. If your model has a power saver mode it should be set to off (or turned on Quick-start) somewhere in the player's settings.

What disc are you trying to rip, and do you have others to try? Also it might help if you could do a print screen of the SACDExtractGUI with your settings and post that.

Here is what mine looks like (I have the address obscured on the print):
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...sed-for-sacd-ripping.26078/page-4#post-422632
Was using disc 1 of Black Beauty: Miles Davis at Fillmore West switched to hybrid SACD Their Satanic Majesties Request same thing. Tried both powered on and off.
sacd rip.jpg

OK, I don't recall, did you try the Ping button to check if it sees your player (when it's turned on)?
I'll PM beerking and see if he has any other ideas; we can't give up yet, we want to see you ripping and rolling:D
Yes ping works fine says 3 packets sent and 3 received. Thanks

Back