Sony HQR-600???

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dart440

I've got one of these units (2 of them actually) that I snagged off of Ebay, and can't find anything out about
them in the way of specs. I first started buying stereo gear while in college in the early '70s, and was a Sony guy then (and now). I couldn't afford quad units then, much less an extra set of decent speakers, so I'm indulging myself a bit now.

This particular sony has the look of 1972 or 73 about it. Still works fine, although I think my college era, $20. Realistic Matrix Synthesizer box and 2 cheap rear
speakers produced more "effect". Anyone have
information about the HQR-600 they can share?

Hey! this is not about the stuff you got but your handle Dart 440 ... Why not a HEMI! Like my '68 426 HEMI Road Runner!
Rob

Tab :lol: A what ! They where such dogs, and gas guzzlers:rollin: . My Hemi Had stock 425 hp and 2 4bbls and got better gas mileage than the 400 4bl , all that lean burn and smog junk, just killed it. I was just curious as to his handle and if it was about a car!
Rob

Was just "browsing" thru here and saw this post, man what a site! Not only are they into "Quad" but some are also "Mopar" people! Dart 440, Rob, Quadradial. Should have seen some of you at the Mopar Nationals.

Actually I had two of them. The second one had a 360, 4 barrel, A727 and a rear end out of an old Fury. It had a gear ratio for the 6 banger..close to a 411. It was an IROC killer. I also had a Shelby GLHS Charger and various other Mopars in my life. Now I gone Japanese and bought a Toyota MR2 convertible.

My Road Runner has An overbored .60 over so it's about 439 cid 12.5 :1 Alum Pistons, .785 Lift roller cam and lifters titanium retainers (2) 1150 cfm Holly Dominators/ 4500 series On a Weiend Tunnel Ram / switchable tops to run single or double Dominators 2 Electric fuel pumps all Braided front to back and to the duel inputs.
Reworked 727 with High presure Hemi bands and clutches Straight cut gears and reverse shift pattern 2.77 fist gear 9" 5,000 rpm stall t.c./and 5.57 narrowed Dana 60 An tubbed wheel wells And HUGE Tires, Fiberglass Front hood and fenders, doors and trunk lid And a huge Scoop ! Ran the 1/4 mile at about 9.0 seconds NEED NOS! Man Need NOS! I want to get a Fogger System Somday And go Nuts! It pulls the front right off the ground no sweat about a foot or so for a good distance!

No idea on the H.P now but must be over 900 hp!
I'd like to see the new Hemis that Mopar is using in the trucks !
Just a hobby! almost as bad as Quad with the money , well Worse actually HEMIS cost Cubic Dollars to build and run ,... But What a RUSH!.... BEEP ! BEEP!
Rob

OK, saw the "post" by QUADradial at 8:36 AM today and didn't know if I should "post" about cars on this section of site. Then just saw Allaroundsurround's post at 2:11PM. Figured since you 2 are "moderators" for here it would be OK to say, now you've tweaked my interest about your cars. I noticed that dart 440 never did respond about his "name."
Got a little ol' 67 dodge in drive now. Won't go into a lot of detail just that it has a "small" mountain RBB block in it. Oh Yea, and a small "871 huffer" on the top to help out. Has pretty good luck passing everything but a fuel stop. And, like quad/surround sound, has a little trouble passing the bank too! And 9 in the quarter is no problem, the problem is keeping the slicks off the sheetmetal inside the tubs. Once in a great while have a problem not smashing the oil sump when she comes back down about halfway thru the 1/4, I'm getting a little old and the "coordination" ain't as good as it used to be.
By the way, got just what the doctor ordered for that hemi, another 871 with intake plate etc. for it. Think how much fun THAT would be with a little "laughing gas" thrown in. Guaranteed, when you go pick up pizza you won't ever get home with it cold again. Get home, set back, crank up the "tunes" and enjoy your other "toys!" Nothing like throwing on a copy of Beach Boys "Shut Down" and laughing about some of your friends who really believed that "injected 327 vs. 413 Max Wedge" scenario!!

Yea! I thinks we got carried away here! But why not,I mean cars and surround sound go together! " She's a Hot stepin' Hemi with a 4 on the floor, She's a Road Runer Engine in a ... What , Bruce ... you let me down....:eek: .. a FORD! :rollin: "
0] Rob

Geez, I never expected to come across a bunch of
hemi-heads here! I wish my 62 Dart had a 440, but
that's just a model designation. I've got wide-block
polyspherical semi-hemi 318. Dualed out, but otherwise stock. The racers that year had 413 tunnel rams, aka
"max wedge". Now, does anyone around here know anything about quad stuff :)

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr> Now, does anyone around here know anything about quad stuff :)[/quote]
Quad as in dual quad 4 bbl. OK Enough already! Yea, but sorry I can't help you with the info you needed on that Sony!
0] Rob

Well, I had a '74 Dodge Dart with a slant six. It wasn't fast, but it was reliable. It had a killer quad system with 12 inch woofers in the back. Double equalizers, and Sanyo amps. I loved my dodge.

The Quadfather

The old slant 6's ... You could just about run'um with out oil and they'd keep going! And Easy to work on with that side cover on the block ....!
:smokin: Rob

Mopar rules!!!!

Sigh.... nuthin fancy but I liked my 1972 Duster, light blue, with a slant-6 and a three-on-the-tree.

Yep, 3 on the tree... a "grandpa's car"

But, it got 30 mpg and rode wonderfully with the torsion bar suspension and reliable as anything.

After I become rich you'll see a 1971 Plymouth GTX with a 440 6-pak in it. After that... a 69 Road Runner with a 440 6-pak and a '68 Coronet and ... heck, a whole bunch of Mopars!!!

Oh... for toodling around town, a '70 Duster with a 340.

And a whole bunch more!!!!!!

NAH! Drop a "HEMI" in it you can get a New one with RB ears instead of the Hemi style and it drops right in ! HEMI's RULE!
:cool: Rob

Back