SPOTLIGHT Sony Japan 7" Mini-LP Hybrid SACD Series - Comprehensive List of Multichannel Titles

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Santana & Buddy Miles Live! SACD 4.0/2.0ch [Limited Edition] [Cardboard Sleeve (7 inch)]

SICP-10141.jpg

SICP-10141_ADD.jpg

Release Date : 2022/09/21
Number : SICP-10141
EAN : 4547366571844
Better Art
but the same SACD Hybrid 4 Channel SACD came out from the UK Dutton Production 2020 made in Austria in
the old Sony Factory
They added Buddy Miles Second SACD Hybrid 4 Channel SACD from Nov.1973

So it is a 2 SACD Set

Last edited:
The decoded SQ does sounds better than the discrete with more sound from the rear. Involve (QS mode) should throw even more to the rear.
Just a thought but with the discrete mix you could decode the fronts and add the decoded rear channels to the back. Or listen with front and sides decoded plus the original backs to the rear.
Er, pardon my ignorance, but are you saying it's a better surround representation if I listened to the album by switching from "4(.1) Involve" to "4(.1) SQ" on the SM? If so, should I be expecting more in the rears, and that's the point of switching it?

Er, pardon my ignorance, but are you saying it's a better surround representation if I listened to the album by switching from "4(.1) Involve" to "4(.1) SQ" on the SM? If so, should I be expecting more in the rears, and that's the point of switching it?
SQ is the proper way to decode it (SQ/stereo version). The applause will stay mostly in the rear like the discrete. Because matrix can't separate the channels as well as discreet there will be some leakage from front to rear. In this case that leakage improves the subjective quality of the mix.

I would expect more rear output in QS mode but the positioning of the applause will be more of a crapshoot.

Received mine a few days ago, but haven't had a chance to listen. 🥃 🥃
Please let us know your thoughts when you can. Cheers!

Also, I'm hoping that the OOP ones could be reprinted. I really like the 7" packaging, even if it requires its own storage area. I'm also surprised that some of the titles from last year are still around e.g. Toto IV. Makes me wonder how many copies they make in a typical run.

Please let us know your thoughts when you can. Cheers!

Also, I'm hoping that the OOP ones could be reprinted. I really like the 7" packaging, even if it requires its own storage area. I'm also surprised that some of the titles from last year are still around e.g. Toto IV. Makes me wonder how many copies they make in a typical run.
For us old people the 7" packaging fits in perfectly with our 7" reel to reel tapes and our 45 RPM records!

I think I have an entire 7" collection from Japan that includes stereo and MCH.
I think the 7" packaging is cool, so I like to collect all.
I will title my picture group in BOLD above each picture.
This first group is 7" stereo/mono. They are all great sounding except Yes, they sound horrible. A Big Generator and Yessongs in a MQA CD sounds way better.
IMG_4614.jpg

This next group is MCH.
IMG_4615.jpg

This next group is MCH.
IMG_4617.jpg

This next group is MCH.
IMG_4618.jpg

This next group is Stereo & MCH.
IMG_4616.jpg

This first group is 7" stereo/mono. They are all great sounding except Yes, they sound horrible. A Big Generator and Yessongs in a MQA CD sounds way better.
View attachment 96334
This next group is MCH.
View attachment 96335
This next group is MCH.
View attachment 96336
This next group is MCH.
View attachment 96337
View attachment 96338
(y) (y)

https://www.discogs.com/release/8319809-Kimiko-Kasai-With-Gil-Evans-Orchestra-Satin-Doll

Interesting J-Pup. I assume you own it? Nothing in description says 7" either by Discogs or the 4 sellers on Discogs, least expensive is $78.00.
Is it good in surround 4.0 or 5.1? Do you like it?
a delightfully discrete disc 😋🤩 (really, the Quad mix has mega front to back separation) however 'tis only a 5 inch Satin Doll not a 7 incher 😍

IMG_1493.jpeg

Interesting J-Pup. I assume you own it? Nothing in description says 7" either by Discogs or the 4 sellers on Discogs, least expensive is $78.00.
Is it good in surround 4.0 or 5.1? Do you like it?
I don't have it yet, no.

I believe it may have been the first (old Quad) SACD releases by Sony :unsure:

Looks like Freddie's got it, he can chime in; his doesn't look like the big cover style yet though?

Also, looks like @national-kid has one ⬇️ - sounds kinda loungy to me, but OK :)

I don't have it yet, no.

Looks like Freddie's got it, he can chime in; his doesn't look like the big cover style yet though?

Also, looks like @national-kid has one ⬇️ - sounds kinda loungy to me, but OK :)

For now I am comfortable to say Satin Doll is not a 7" collectable.

View attachment 96334
This next group is MCH.
View attachment 96335
This next group is MCH.
View attachment 96336
This next group is MCH.
View attachment 96337
View attachment 96338
Nice collection, marpow! Wish I had started to collect these 7" mch sacds a bit earlier.. I missed a few titles I'm interested in, especially Wired and 52nd Street.:( Now they are hard to find at an affordable price.

I don't have it yet, no.

it's in papersleeve packaging Mister Pupster, in an approximately 5-inch jacket not 7" like the others 🙂

the 4-channel mix has extreme separation, it's been some time since i last played it but i remember the Rears in isolation being an absolute hoot they had some truly unique content going on in them! 🥳

musically it's Marmite (you're either gonna love it or hate it!) 😋

Back