SONY MEX-DV2000

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vdgg

Hi Everyone.
I've been lurking here for a very long time (so long, that it's creepy). I think this might be my first post.

I've had surround systems in my cars for quite a while now. This is a story for another thread (which I do plan to write at some point), but suffice to say that as of today I have a custom built surround sound in my car, based on a Raspberry Pi.

The purpose of this thread however, is to say that from past cars I have two units of Sony's MEX-DV2000, capable of playing DTS, DD and even SACDs (I even have the package and instructions to go along with them).
Since we're planning to move soon, I wonder what to do with them. I doubt anyone in my area will appreciate their capabilities...
Regardless, back then I've studied their capabilities and limits, and I found a way to make them play DTS file without requiring to play them as a DVD, but only taking up as little space as the raw DTS data, allowing me to put 7-8 albums of DTS music on a single DVD.

If anyone's interested in the units or the know-how, please PM me.

Thanks,
Asaf.

Hi Everyone.
I've been lurking here for a very long time (so long, that it's creepy). I think this might be my first post.

I've had surround systems in my cars for quite a while now. This is a story for another thread (which I do plan to write at some point), but suffice to say that as of today I have a custom built surround sound in my car, based on a Raspberry Pi.

The purpose of this thread however, is to say that from past cars I have two units of Sony's MEX-DV2000, capable of playing DTS, DD and even SACDs (I even have the package and instructions to go along with them).
Since we're planning to move soon, I wonder what to do with them. I doubt anyone in my area will appreciate their capabilities...
Regardless, back then I've studied their capabilities and limits, and I found a way to make them play DTS file without requiring to play them as a DVD, but only taking up as little space as the raw DTS data, allowing me to put 7-8 albums of DTS music on a single DVD.

If anyone's interested in the units or the know-how, please PM me.

Thanks,
Asaf.

Do you still have the units for sale? I need something to go with my Sony RSX-G9 headunit.

Sorry, no. I sold one of them to a forum member and installed the other after taking my custom-built unit apart.
If and when I remove it and want to sell that one as well, I'll post a message.

Back