Sony SQR 6750

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

carlane3

I am the owner of this sqr 6750 unit, and was wondering if anyone had any info on this unit. it works quite well , but I have no paperwork as to the specs on the unit. Any help would be appreciated.

Len

A few weeks ago, one of these came up on ebay and I was interested in it, so I posted for info on "Sony receiver on ebay". A former owner was good enough to respond with some info. I was interested enough to bid on it, but it didn't meet the reserve. Looked like a good unit.
Marc

Thanks Marc,

Maybe someone on this board will have access to some more info on it ( manual, etc..)also. Anything is appreciated!

Len

Sadly, info is hard to find on most quad stuff. A ew years ago... egads, around 12 years ago!!!! Eeeeek!!!!!

Anyway, I spent MANY hours digging through library archives looking at old books and magazines. Scrolling through miles of microfiche. The vast majority of info was found in ads and the occaisional review. The ads usually were mere marketing tools that conveyed little actual data but, instead, relied upon an emotional appeal for people to buy. Almost universally, the reviewers were unenamored with quad and nit picked the format to death. Reminded me of the readings of how the general public reacted when the horseless carriage began competing for road space with horses.

Okay.... here's what I have on the 6750:

$600 list price. Ads appeared in magazines about this unit in 1975 though it likely sold more years than that. Ads proclaimed "full-logic" SQ decoding but that term is meaningless since it is open to subjective decipherment. It does indicate that logic is present but not what type of the several introduced over the years.

None of the ads listed power output or any other usable information. Damn. And, I never did find a review for this or similar units in the SQR-X750 series. Damn.

HI THERE,I HAVE A LONG LIST OF SPECS ON THE SQR 6750 SO HERE IT GOES: FM SENS-2.2uV,FREQ.RESP.40-15+1/-3. SQ SECTION ,THD.2,FREQ.RESP. 20-20K+/-3DB,DECODER CIRCUITRY SIMILAR TO SQD 2010,FRONT/BACK LOGIC AND WAVEFORM COMPARATOR CIRCUITS(FULL LOGIC) AND A RM DECODER CIRCUIT(NO LOGIC).PREAMP SENS.PHONO 1-2.5 MV,S/N 70DB,AUX/TAPE 250MV,S/N 90DB.FREQ.RESP.AUX/TAPE 10-50K .POWER OUTPUT ON THIS UNIT IS 20WRMSX4/50WRMSX2(BTL) FROM 20-20K ALL CH.DRIVEN INTO 8 OHMS. I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU OUT.

Thanks a lot for the info. Nice to finally have some specs on the unit. I appreciate the post!

Back