sony tc-277-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quad head

can anyone tell me if their take up reel has about a 1/4 inch give in and out. i finally took mine apart
to see why. the feed has no give but has the same hardware on the backside. i need to look to see if there was a
spacer that was there. i have found broken pieces of round black plastic gasket on the take up side of the chassis.
the take up reel seems to drag on the outside cover .the take up is too close (height wise) to the outside cover.
HELP?

Sounds like you found the bad part but need a replacement. The service manual could help. That series Ssony has a lot of moving parts to keep track of on the reel shafts when working on it. An ambitious project once one gets to the reel table assemblies.

i have the service manual, but the spindle parts are not broken down. i seems strange that the take up reel has that much movement. i am looking for some plastic washers to shim some of the upward movement. just hope i will not have to take down again if too much.

Back