• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD -- Sony TC388-4 plus tapes (USA, Boston)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enossified

Hello, I'm looking to pass my old quad RTR on to a good home. I bought this deck in 1976, still plays and records fine, FF/REW are slow from worn belts. I bought a belt kit but never did the repair. I only used the deck for about 10 years, it's been in storage since then

Here is what I have:

(1) TC388-4 deck (7", 3.75. and 7.5 ips)
(1) metal take up reel
(1) set of new belts with tool (never installed),
(1) photocopied service manual
(1) original user manual

(10) quad prerecorded tapes (all Magtec, 7.5 ips)

EDIT I was asked for the 10 titles:

(7) Pop/Rock
Judy Collins -- Colors Of The Day
Arlo Guthrie -- Last Of The Brooklyn Cowboys
Randy Newman -- Sail Away
Deep Purple -- Stormbringer
Gordon Lightfoot -- Cold On The Shoulder
Charley Pride -- Sweet Country
Carly Simon -- No Secrets

(3) Classical
Charles Ives -- Symphony #4
Edgard Varese -- Offrandes/Integrales/Octandre/Equatorial
George Crumb --- Macrocosmos, Vol. 1

(42) stereo prerecorded tapes, mix of classical and 70s pop/rock (Columbia, CRC, Magtec, Ampex, RCA; both 3.75 and 7.5 ips)
(39) used tapes, Maxell, TDK, Scotch, BASF, etc. mostly 1800', a couple 2400' and one 3600' for brave souls ;) Dubs of LPs and a few off-the-air recordings...erase and reuse 'em

Disclaimer: I have not auditioned tapes for dropouts...keep in mind they are 40+ years old

(1) bulk eraser
(2) splicing blocks

$100 takes the lot, well below eBay prices.

Located in Mass., between Worcester and Boston. I will not ship this, local pickup only.

PM me with questions.

_5260004.JPG

Last edited:
I had that same model myself but is now long gone. A little clunky mechanically but always gave good results. The tape heads never shown any wear even as much as I used it so they must be good. That's is a great, great offer your makin I hope someone from QQ takes you up on it. I am tempted but I wouldn't do any recording any more & I have a Teac 4 ch playback only deck to use if I want. Good luck!

That is crazy but last time I looked they were at least listed at that price. Listed at a lower price they would likely sell fast. Check Discogs and eBay to see prices.

Hello, I'm looking to pass my old quad RTR on to a good home. I bought this deck in 1976, still plays and records fine, FF/REW are slow from worn belts. I bought a belt kit but never did the repair. I only used the deck for about 10 years, it's been in storage since then

Here is what I have:

(1) TC388-4 deck (7", 3.75. and 7.5 ips)
(1) metal take up reel
(1) set of new belts with tool (never installed),
(1) photocopied service manual
(1) original user manual

(10) quad prerecorded tapes (all Magtec, 7.5 ips)

EDIT I was asked for the 10 titles:

(7) Pop/Rock
Judy Collins -- Colors Of The Day
Arlo Guthrie -- Last Of The Brooklyn Cowboys
Randy Newman -- Sail Away
Deep Purple -- Stormbringer
Gordon Lightfoot -- Cold On The Shoulder
Charley Pride -- Sweet Country
Carly Simon -- No Secrets

(3) Classical
Charles Ives -- Symphony #4
Edgard Varese -- Offrandes/Integrales/Octandre/Equatorial
George Crumb --- Macrocosmos, Vol. 1

(42) stereo prerecorded tapes, mix of classical and 70s pop/rock (Columbia, CRC, Magtec, Ampex, RCA; both 3.75 and 7.5 ips)
(39) used tapes, Maxell, TDK, Scotch, BASF, etc. mostly 1800', a couple 2400' and one 3600' for brave souls ;) Dubs of LPs and a few off-the-air recordings...erase and reuse 'em

Disclaimer: I have not auditioned tapes for dropouts...keep in mind they are 40+ years old

(1) bulk eraser
(2) splicing blocks

$100 takes the lot, well below eBay prices.

Located in Mass., between Worcester and Boston. I will not ship this, local pickup only.

PM me with questions.

View attachment 51684
Hello @enossified. I just noticed your post from yesterday.
Welcome to the QQ forum !

Back