Sony Top of line 4 channel decoder SQD-2010 is up for Auction at JAUCE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All

Here is Sony`s top-of-the-line SQD-2010 Decoder up for Auction on... JAUCE.. it looks like it is in working order good cosmetics,
but looks like in a smoke environment. Going for 1000 yen. about $7.20 US. 5 days to go..
BBQ...

( check bost )
i-img1200x900-1667995435ae8mhg357922.jpg

i-img1200x900-1667995439iqqh3c373163.jpg

i-img1200x900-1667995442pzsoou384126.jpg

i-img1200x900-1667995450teidv2353663.jpg

i-img1200x900-16679954576gcjo5365943.jpg

Last edited:
Hi. All

Here is Sony`s top-of-the-line QDSQ-2010 Decoder up for Auction on... JAUCE.. it looks like it is in working order good cosmetics,
but looks like in a smoke environment. Going for 1000 yen. about $7.20 US.
BBQ...

( check bost )
View attachment 85222
View attachment 85223
View attachment 85224
View attachment 85225
View attachment 85226
Beautiful piece of gear BBQ.

Iā€™ve got some thoughts/questions about this one (donā€™t remember seeing one before); Iā€™m assuming the R-MTX is for RM?

Also, the Discrete is mainly for R2R?

And the 2->4 button does what/which system?

Wait, so you'd strip out the vintage electronics? Ick.
I belive what Ken did was use the SM demo board (QS only) installed internally & hooked the outputs to the discrete inputs on the 2020. Nothing stripped out just added.

Edit: To @par4ken do you have any "synthesis" out of phase blending on your 2020 box for QS?

I put the Involve evaluation module inside the Sony box mounted below the main board. I Also added a 9 Volt power supply (silver box) to power the module. The input jacks are wired to the Involve inputs, via a short, cut length of RCA plug cable. The outputs are wired to the discrete input jacks in the same manner.

Originally I had the QS board installed, then I could instantly compare it to the RM function of the Sony unit. Now I have the SQ board installed, it can instantly be compared to the Sony decoder. Input level pot on the rear panel can be adjusted to match the level from the Sony decoder with the Involve one. Full functionality of the Sony unit is maintained with the exception of the discrete input. If needed you can still use the tape input.

Sony 2010+Involve.JPG
Sony 2010 top.JPG
Sony 2010 front.JPG

I put the Involve evaluation module inside the Sony box mounted below the main board. I Also added a 9 Volt power supply (silver box) to power the module. The input jacks are wired to the Involve inputs, via a short, cut length of RCA plug cable. The outputs are wired to the discrete input jacks in the same manner.

Originally I had the QS board installed, then I could instantly compare it to the RM function of the Sony unit. Now I have the SQ board installed, it can instantly be compared to the Sony decoder. Input level pot on the rear panel can be adjusted to match the level from the Sony decoder with the Involve one. Full functionality of the Sony unit is maintained with the exception of the discrete input. If needed you can still use the tape input.

View attachment 85236View attachment 85237View attachment 85234

Many people will swap pieces of gear in & out of their audio systems. You switch out internal PC boards. You da man!

View attachment 85236View attachment 85237View attachment 85234
Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful, Pak4ken!!!
yeah, great! It has to suit your needs!
Which SQ circuit did you use? I see the 3 Motorola chipset?
Which CD-4 is in this Sony implementet? with the both 28pin 5022/ECG815 or single transistors?
(I still have to do a lot with mine ...)

Back