Sony Top of line 4 channel decoder SQD-2010 is up for Auction at JAUCE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, great! It has to suit your needs!
Which SQ circuit did you use? I see the 3 Motorola chipset?
Which CD-4 is in this Sony implementet? with the both 28pin 5022/ECG815 or single transistors?
(I still have to do a lot with mine ...)
The Sony SQD-2010 uses the Sony chips CX-050, CX-049 and CX-718, it is an SQ decoder only. I simply added the Involve SQ (Evaluation Module) and 9 volt supply inside the same box. I did some repair work and recapped the Sony decoder. The Involve decoder is selected by pushing the discrete button, all other original functions still work.

The SQD-2010 looks and functions the same as the more common SQD-2020.

Attachments

• hfe_sony_sqd-2010_new_circuit_operation_en_low_res.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • Involve evaluation module press release_V1.4(1).pdf
    725.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
After what Pak4ken did, you should be ashamed of yourself.

:)
:):):):):):):);););)
As @Wagonmaster_91 audio gear profile is not up to date, I can't see what sort of Surround Master he is using. At any rate, only the Involve demo board is suitable for incorporating into another box. The SM v1, 2, or 3 must be used as stand alone & be patched in some how. Such as in to discrete inputs.

The Sony SQD-2010 uses the Sony chips CX-050, CX-049 and CX-718, it is an SQ decoder only. I simply added the Involve SQ (Evaluation Module) and 9 volt supply inside the same box. I did some repair work and recapped the Sony decoder. The Involve decoder is selected by pushing the discrete button, all other original functions still work.

The SQD-2010 looks and functions the same as the more common SQD-2020.
Thanks that was pretty fascinating if your a circuit geek (raises hand). The most interesting part comes early on:

"The 2010 is identical in external appearance to the 2020. Also, with the exception of the actual decoding and logic section's, the circuitry is the same."

Well, that exception speaks volumes to me.

As @Wagonmaster_91 audio gear profile is not up to date, I can't see what sort of Surround Master he is using. At any rate, only the Involve demo board is suitable for incorporating into another box. The SM v1, 2, or 3 must be used as stand alone & be patched in some how. Such as in to discrete in

After what Pak4ken did, you should be ashamed of yourself.

:)
:):):):):):):);););)
Yes mine is a SM2. Ashamed because I accomplished the same thing using just two stereo patch cords? No, not really...:)

CD-4 - would say NO decoder!
It's labeld: "Discrete" = 4 inputs, no MovingMagnet in, no calibration
SQ decoders are not connected to turntables, but line outputs or tape outputs. CD-4 would never get that far.

Actually you need to use 3 stereo patch cords for in n out. Ralphie wants to know what they are...
I was refering to the output. All my decoders (twelve of them - thank God for QT-1's) have stereo inputs going to them. I'm only running the SM in quad mode (no center or sub) into the 2020. So, two stereo (RCA L&R) - one for the front channels and one for the rears.

Back