Sony x800 sees and plays files mutiple times.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svengaleekie

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Is anyone else having this problem with their x800? it sees and plays files twice, below are images of what the x800 sees in the folder and what files are actually in the folder as seen on my computer, so annoyingly it thinks there are 2 instances of a tune and will play it twice as well.
folder.jpg

Attachments

• 1582742758815.png
    1582742758815.png
    103 bytes · Views: 109
My guess is its picking up the stereo and the multichannel versions from a ripped SACD. What is shown in your computer view is the surround tracks. Are the stereo tracks ripped as well?

If this is the case, re-tag the album name so that one is "Clair de Lune Ultimate Edition (4.0)" and the other is "Clair de Lune Ultimate Edition (2.0)"

My guess is its picking up the stereo and the multichannel versions from a ripped SACD. What is shown in your computer view is the surround tracks. Are the stereo tracks ripped as well?

If this is the case, re-tag the album name so that one is "Clair de Lune Ultimate Edition (4.0)" and the other is "Clair de Lune Ultimate Edition (2.0)"

There are only the multichannel files in the folder, the stereo files are on a different Nas entirely.

There are only the multichannel files in the folder, the stereo files are on a different Nas entirely.
It may be something the Nas is doing rather than the x800, I have the files backed up on another Nas, I just looked there and everything appears only once, as it should be.
I think it's only dsf files that produce this effect, I'm considering converting dsf to flac anyway so hopefully there won't be a problem anymore.

Last edited:
Back