• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

DVD/DTS Poll Soord, Bruce - ALL THIS WILL BE YOURS [DTS DVD]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the DTS DVD of Bruce Soord - ALL THIS WILL BE YOURS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

boondocks

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Not a huge PT fan, but I like this work by Soord. Sound is good, content is I have no idea but it all flows well. I don't think I paid any attention at all to the lyrics until a dozen listens. I give it the max because for whatever reasons it speaks to me.

knifeman

I can't believe this release hasn't gotten any action here. For anyone who looks down on DTS, give this a listen to see how good this can sound. Bruce Soord obviously knows his way around a recording studio. I don't know if it's the types of mics he uses or the mic placement or whatever, but this record just has such a natural sound to it. From the sound of the pick on the guitar strings to the drum sound, there is no perceivable evidence of any electronic enhancement to the audio (at least to my non-professional ears). It sounds like you're listening to an unamplified drummer in your listening room. And the content here is very good. I'm a casual fan of the Pineapple Thief, but I think this solo release surpasses any of their stuff. I gave a listen to my Dissolution Blu-ray for comparison, and I think this one has better material. Of course there's no Gavin Harrison on this, but Soord does an admirable job of playing everything here. And based on this surround mix, I'd have to say Bruce Soord is starting to sniff that rarified space occupied by Scheiner, Wilson, Clearmountain, etc. I'll have to revisit some of his other mixes to see if I've been missing something or if this is a bit of an outlier. But he nailed it on this one. I'm giving this a very high 9, only because theoretically it could be better if it was lossless. But to my ears, not by much.

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I can't believe this release hasn't gotten any action here. For anyone who looks down on DTS, give this a listen to see how good this can sound. Bruce Soord obviously knows his way around a recording studio. I don't know if it's the types of mics he uses or the mic placement or whatever, but this record just has such a natural sound to it. From the sound of the pick on the guitar strings to the drum sound, there is no perceivable evidence of any electronic enhancement to the audio (at least to my non-professional ears). It sounds like you're listening to an unamplified drummer in your listening room. And the content here is very good. I'm a casual fan of the Pineapple Thief, but I think this solo release surpasses any of their stuff. I gave a listen to my Dissolution Blu-ray for comparison, and I think this one has better material. Of course there's no Gavin Harrison on this, but Soord does an admirable job of playing everything here. And based on this surround mix, I'd have to say Bruce Soord is starting to sniff that rarified space occupied by Scheiner, Wilson, Clearmountain, etc. I'll have to revisit some of his other mixes to see if I've been missing something or if this is a bit of an outlier. But he nailed it on this one. I'm giving this a very high 9, only because theoretically it could be better if it was lossless. But to my ears, not by much.
For me, IIRC, it was the price, let's say perceived value, as compared to some of The Pineapple Thief offerings. I'd definitely have gone for a reasonably priced blu-ray. The expense of the set to get DTS just didn't allure me.

SMS

500 Club - QQ All-Star
For me, IIRC, it was the price, let's say perceived value, as compared to some of The Pineapple Thief offerings. I'd definitely have gone for a reasonably priced blu-ray. The expense of the set to get DTS just didn't allure me.
I felt the same as you for a long time, but I've been really loving this album in stereo, so I decided to purchase the deluxe set recently. I still haven't received it though. Even though it is expensive, I feel good about supporting Bruce's efforts. The fidelity is really good in stereo, so I am sure it will sound even better in surround despite being DTS (hey, at least it isn't DD).

knifeman, thanks for the review. I am really looking forward to receiving it now!

riskylogic

Exactly. I got the surround mix for the first Soord solo album as a free download after ordering the CD. I liked it, but not enough to splurge $40 on a box I don't want. I'm still waiting for the stand alone bluray. The fact that it is DTS doesn't bother me that much.

Elad

This is a beautiful and deeply personal cd from a artist who will hopefully carry surround music forward into the future
This mix is well done and uses the surround efficiently and is discrete. I just let this surround wash over me with it hauntingly personal lyrics and simple but lush sound. To me this is one of the better surrounds I've heard in quite awhile. I was not much of a fan but All this will be yours definitely turned me into one

Elad

I have to tell you what you wrote mirrors my feelings exactly this is an amazing surround recording and am baffled as well that people are missing out on something very special. Again thanks

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Last edited:

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
After watching edisonbaggins' glowing interview with Bruce Soord, those wanting to add ALL THIS COULD BE YOURS [deluxe] to your collection wont find a better price than this, NEW, on the internet:

Yep. That's where I scored mine. Bear in mind you're getting 2 surround experiences. Not a bad value, in a sense.