Soundgarden Live from The Artists Den Blu-Ray 7/26/19

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is amazing news.

For those in the US, the Blu-ray is currently $14.99 at Best Buy. Apparently, the full concert is 29 tracks and just under two and a half hours, with 30 minutes of band interviews as extras. While there's no image at Best Buy yet, the image of the Blu-ray on Amazon seems to include a booklet, to boot.

Seems like a hell of a deal for $15.

Thanks for the 'heads up' everyone. I pre-ordered from Bull Moose. I don't mind paying a buck or two if I feel like I'm supporting the 'little guy'.

I couldn't get my Bull Moose points to work either. Oh well, I guess I'll have more to work with next time.

Not sure about disc purchase But me and the wifey are taking a 3 day trip and going down to LA and see the actual show at The Wiltern.

Oh god. I am envious. Looking forward to report after the show from you 2. I cannot imagine how it is like at all.

Thrilling news, I've been decrying the lack of this show seeing official release for some time now so am elated they've finally sorted it out. I saw Soundgarden 7 times over 20 years and the 2013 show was BY FAR the best they ever were, awesome rotating setlists, long shows, lots of small club venues (I was dead centre railed in Toronto, capacity 3,000), they were SO ON! What a treat.

They tout 29 tracks but really that last track isn't a song it's just walls of distortion they leave the stage to.

Blood on the Valley Floor in 1080p24 with 5.1 mixed from the 48-track multis should be MASSIVE! Always have a hard time naming my fave track from King Animal as there are so many good ones (and I have been a fan since Outshined was on MTV's Buzz Bin) but that one will always be in the running, timeless classic sounding Soundgarden.

Rock on July!

Last edited:
I went to the LA show at The Wiltren Monday night and was dissapointed, was a waste of time, but ended up having a good time in LA for three days.
Show was announced as starting at 7:00, didn't start till 9:00.
Was not even half full and they gave everybody tickets to move closer down the balcony, they lowered the rear speakers down the balcony.
Kim the guitar player made a guest appearance and talked a little, the director announced first time they ever did this, 5 screens with what he called not stereo, not 5.1 but 360 sorround.
Too loud, audio was not in sync with video until about the 3rd song in.
I left just shy of end of what was the first encore, my ears where blown, mostly due to the airplane ride and my ears getting clogged.
Other people left early also.
I won't be buying the discs.
Oh well.

I went to the LA show at The Wiltren Monday night and was dissapointed, was a waste of time, but ended up having a good time in LA for three days.
Was not even half full and they gave everybody tickets to move closer down the balcony, they lowered the rear speakers down the balcony.
Kim the guitar player made a guest appearance and talked a little, the director announced first time they ever did this, 5 screens with what he called not stereo, not 5.1 but 360 sorround.
I left just shy of end of what was the first encore, my ears where blown, mostly due to the airplane ride and my ears getting clogged.
Oh well.
Oh my fucking hell. I think you need an Atmos Day at Chez Baggins.

Oh well.

My concert days are OVER Markie. Can't take the bombast anymore. When I saw Tears For Fears at our Local Capitol Theater two years ago, the sound was so fu**ing loud I lost my equilibrium and even Steely Dan started off sounding like their Elliot Scheiner 5.1 albums and they kept raising the volume to a VERY uncomfortable pitch.

Louder isn't better ....... IT'S JUST UNCOMFORTABLY NUMBINGLY LOUD.

At least you and VG had a great time in the City of Angels......

But you do recommend the video?

Back