Quad LP/Tape Poll Soundtrack: Jaws [CD-4]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Jaws"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 Fairly mediocre everything

• 1: Why did they bother?

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The soundtrack Lp from the Steven Spielberg film, 1975.

Side 1:

1. Main Title (Theme from "Jaws")
2. Chrissie's Death
3. Promenade (Tourists On The Menu)
4. Out To Sea
5. The Indianapolis Story
6. Sea Attack Number One

Side 2:

1. One Barrel Chase
2. Preparing The Cage
3. Night Search
4. The Underwater Siege
5. Hand To Hand Combat
6. End Title (Theme from "Jaws")

ED :)

I think it's a great quad mix, very 'quaddy' with superb clarity and 'sparkle' - in fact, it doesn't sound like it has a 15kHz high end limit - what makes the CD-4 release even better is it's the actual music used in the film and not the re-recording done for the 'official' soundtrack release (Earthquake quad is the same). Universal did that routinely in the 70's - the Varese Sarabande CD of "Earthquake" is the John Williams re-recording and not the original film score music used in the film and on the CD-4 LP. I'm a bit biased about Jaws CD-4 because it was my CD-4 Jaws LP that was used for the superb DVD-A transfer.

I rated it an '8'. Very well done mix, and as a '70s soundtrack goes, more memorable than most (so is the movie, for that matter). Of course you can't beat the theme music itself--totally sinister and effective, and some other passages are very solid too. But typical of Williams, some of it's not so memorable, as if he couldn't find anything to add to the images (not necessarily a negative thing--sometimes too much really is too much). John had a lot of years in TV and lesser films, of course, but this was THE soundtrack work that put him on the big map (finally). The rest, as they say.....

ED :)

One of my favorite CD-4 discs imported from Japan by the JVC Cutting Center in Hollywood. The Jaws Theme in Quad is worth the price of the disc !

This is (I think) only one of 2 soundtracks that I've ever bothered to get......

The CD-4 transfer is great...thanks disclord.

I play this for people and then tell them that its from vinyl...:eek:

I'm shocked enough people have this LP to warrant a review page...I always thought it was pretty rare. I have all 3 "roadshow" Japan CD-4 lps (jaws, earthquake, great Waldo pepper) and I'm reluctant to play them until I finally figure how to make a hi res copy of a CD-4 album.

I have played this before though and I remember it being the actual music from the film and a great quad mix. Didn't know there was a conversion of it though...will have to look for that.

Anyway more review pages for these obscure Japan-only cd-4s would be fun

I'm shocked enough people have this LP to warrant a review page...I always thought it was pretty rare. I have all 3 "roadshow" Japan CD-4 lps (jaws, earthquake, great Waldo pepper) and I'm reluctant to play them until I finally figure how to make a hi res copy of a CD-4 album.

I have played this before though and I remember it being the actual music from the film and a great quad mix. Didn't know there was a conversion of it though...will have to look for that.

Anyway more review pages for these obscure Japan-only cd-4s would be fun

So do I and I would think a few more old Quaddies have them to

I think it's a great quad mix, very 'quaddy' with superb clarity and 'sparkle' - in fact, it doesn't sound like it has a 15kHz high end limit - what makes the CD-4 release even better is it's the actual music used in the film and not the re-recording done for the 'official' soundtrack release (Earthquake quad is the same). Universal did that routinely in the 70's - the Varese Sarabande CD of "Earthquake" is the John Williams re-recording and not the original film score music used in the film and on the CD-4 LP. I'm a bit biased about Jaws CD-4 because it was my CD-4 Jaws LP that was used for the superb DVD-A transfer.
That transfer has unbelievable clarity and presence. Lucky you!

That transfer has unbelievable clarity and presence. Lucky you!
Unfortunately, I don't believe Mr. Disclord is with us any longer IINM. I wish I'd been around when he was here; he seemed very knowledgeable and also a friend of our beloved Mr. @Sonik Wiz.

As to this CD-4, it is stunningly good sounding IMO, so much so, that it's Jaws dropping and you're gonna need a bigger boat 🛥️ 🦈

Back