"Sparkle in the Rain" Separating Fact from Fiction

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's very kind of you Perp and Clint but it's not necessary, I'll live without this one but thank you from the bottom of my heart for both of your kind gestures (y)

Wow! That's very kind of you Perp and Clint but it's not necessary, I'll live without this one but thank you from the bottom of my heart for both of your kind gestures (y)

Do you have the other two 5.1 Simple Minds DVD-A discs? If you do, I'd recommend you add this one to your collection too. I'd be okay if I never seen another Simple Minds surround release because I have two of my favorites now.

Sparkle In The Rain
Once Upon A Time

Do you have the other two 5.1 Simple Minds DVD-A discs? If you do, I'd recommend you add this one to your collection too. I'd be okay if I never seen another Simple Minds surround release because I have two of my favorites now.

Sparkle In The Rain
Once Upon A Time

I have New Gold Dream DVD-A, Once Upon A Time DVD-A (and SACD) and Sparkle In The Rain HFPA BD and Box set w/DVD-A.. I think I'm all Hi-Res/Surround Simple Mind-ed out! :ugham:

I have New Gold Dream DVD-A, Once Upon A Time DVD-A (and SACD) and Sparkle In The Rain HFPA BD and Box set w/DVD-A.. I think I'm all Hi-Res/Surround Simple Mind-ed out! :ugham:

After all the testing then retesting, I can imagine you and the others are quite tired of this title.
I hope we won't need replacement discs on a new title for a long while after this… ;)

This is probably listed in the thread somewhere but I thought I'd re-post it in case anyone is still having issues getting a replacement.

You can email proof of purchase to [email protected] and they will send you the replacement disc. Put SIMPLE MINDS REPLACEMENT DISC in the subject line. Include your shipping address and what format you ordered. For proof of purchase I used Windows Snipping tool and sent an image of my Amazon order details.

I did this last Friday and I got an email today that a disc will be sent to me.

I received my second corrected disc...this time it was the blu ray...I had been previously sent the DVD-A...I think they handled this problem quite well...

Glad to hear tàyou finally received the Blu-Ray. I was very fortunate to receive a Blu-Ray after the first time I contacted them.

I've got three - 2 DVD-As and a Blu-ray....:mad:@:

If anyone is having trouble getting a replacement I'd be happy to send my spare DVD-A.

Wow. I tried twice to get a replacement and was turned down twice. They keep telling me to go back to Amazon for a replacement. Unfortunately the replacement was the original Blu Ray. I wanted a DVD-A, could we work out a deal? Not sure how much it would be ship from NZ though.

Wow. I tried twice to get a replacement and was turned down twice. They keep telling me to go back to Amazon for a replacement. Unfortunately the replacement was the original Blu Ray. I wanted a DVD-A, could we work out a deal? Not sure how much it would be ship from NZ though.

PM Sent....

So amazon refunded your money? If that is the case you can purchase a corrected copy here

That is my longterm plan once I'm sure this is sorted out. I'm still waiting on the actual refund to show up on my account. I have purchased from burning shed many times, but preordered from amazon.UK this time. Lesson learned.

I received my second corrected disc...this time it was the blu ray...I had been previously sent the DVD-A...I think they handled this problem quite well...

I received my corrected Blu-Ray disc at my new apt this weekend, and not only is the mix and fidelity improved like the corrected DVD-A, but the Blu-Ray authoring is better this time around too! :)

This is probably listed in the thread somewhere but I thought I'd re-post it in case anyone is still having issues getting a replacement.

You can email proof of purchase to [email protected] and they will send you the replacement disc. Put SIMPLE MINDS REPLACEMENT DISC in the subject line. Include your shipping address and what format you ordered. For proof of purchase I used Windows Snipping tool and sent an image of my Amazon order details.

I did this last Friday and I got an email today that a disc will be sent to me.
I got my corrected blu-ray today.

And I got my two corrected Blu-ray's today (see post 143). Looks like Cressida came through. For those of you still on the fence the oft quoted email address works.

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

So all these years later, I'm looking to pick up a used copy - is there any type of visual mark on the corrected Blu-Ray to distinguish it from the flawed original? Or is the updated authoring with colored buttons the only difference?

Back