Spatial Audio Finder

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone just posted this on r/spatialaudio, seems pretty handy to me!

edit; forgot the link like a dork. Here it is:Spatial Audio Finder by Ben Dodson

edit edit: except I tested it with Pink Floyd and Japanese Breakfast and it found nothing despite the former being in Dolby Audio and the latter in Atmos…

I got results with JB (but not PF)--maybe because you just emailed him? Hopefully he'll find ways to perfect the tool further as he revises it, but even its current state it's really useful. Do you follow his Twitter feed?

I got results with JB (but not PF)--maybe because you just emailed him? Hopefully he'll find ways to perfect the tool further as he revises it, but even its current state it's really useful. Do you follow his Twitter feed?
I didn’t reach out but it must be getting a few people reaching out. I don’t follow the Twitter but will.

edit; forgot the link like a dork. Here it is:Spatial Audio Finder by Ben Dodson

edit edit: except I tested it with Pink Floyd and Japanese Breakfast and it found nothing despite the former being in Dolby Audio and the latter in Atmos…
I tried Pink Floyd, Tori Amos, Lindsey Buckingham, Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson. They only one that didn’t come up blank was Porcupine Tree.

So it looks like that tool I posted yesterday gets its results from using it. So when I searched Japanese Breakfast yesterday it put Japanese Breakfast into a search queue and once it found the tracks, then it added it to the data base. If you do a search and then check the Twitter account after, you’ll see the Twitter account tweet out results. Pretty neat.

Earlier today I had a great e-mail exchange with the developer of the Spatial Audio Finder tool. One highlight is that I had requested support for Dolby Audio tracks and he indicated that this is something already being planned and is likely to be available in a few weeks. He's also planning some improvements to the search function.

This finder is pretty cool. I did my first search, Johnny Winter, and found quite a bit that I don't think I would have found on my own. Some of the listings where not USA but that is to be expected.
Look forward to using more.

I stumbled last night using my iPhone, opened Sounds & Haptics, and there is a Personalized Spatial Audio selection, that uses a series of registering your own head and ear configuration for your Spatial Headphone use.
Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 6.50.50 AM (2).jpg

Back