Speaker Output to Line Level Converter (circuit diagram)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, being kind of old school [physical media, mostly], I find myself in a pickle about whether to (after ~39 years) build a simple surround sound encoder to create a stereo output (so I can make CDs [for my car] of my surround sound content [MCH SACDs, DD/DTS music videos and concerts mostly]).

My Sony MCH SACD player has an option to downmix MCH content to Dolby Surround, but I haven't tested the surround output to see if it is Dolby B encoded and bandlimited to ~7kHz.

If I build an encoder (receiving surround content from the speaker outputs of my aforementined VSX-534), I can be certain that the surround (encoded) content isn't affected by an NR system or bandlimiting.

(my encoder would just use phase reversals for encoding, no +/- 90 degree phase shifts)

Kirk Bayne

Actually, being kind of old school [physical media, mostly], I find myself in a pickle about whether to (after ~39 years) build a simple surround sound encoder to create a stereo output (so I can make CDs [for my car] of my surround sound content [MCH SACDs, DD/DTS music videos and concerts mostly]).

My Sony MCH SACD player has an option to downmix MCH content to Dolby Surround, but I haven't tested the surround output to see if it is Dolby B encoded and bandlimited to ~7kHz.

If I build an encoder (receiving surround content from the speaker outputs of my aforementined VSX-534), I can be certain that the surround (encoded) content isn't affected by an NR system or bandlimiting.

(my encoder would just use phase reversals for encoding, no +/- 90 degree phase shifts)

Kirk Bayne
So easy to encode via several PC audio apps. My fave for this would be Adobe Audition 3.

My (somewhat unique) problem is no line level outputs of the VSX-534 decoded MCH content and my PC only has a stereo audio input, so it looks like a hardware solution is my best option.

I have a few HD-DVDs, so I'll be using multiple disc players to provide the MCH content for encoding.

Kirk Bayne

My (somewhat unique) problem is no line level outputs of the VSX-534 decoded MCH content and my PC only has a stereo audio input, so it looks like a hardware solution is my best option.

I have a few HD-DVDs, so I'll be using multiple disc players to provide the MCH content for encoding.

Kirk Bayne
I understand better. Well consider the Involve Encoder. Developer board is very cheap. Does legacy QS encode or Involve Smart Encode.

Back