DVD/DTS Poll Spears, Britney - IN THE ZONE [DD DualDisc]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DualDisc release of Britney Spears - IN THE ZONE [DD]

• 9:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8:

• 7:

• 6:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on the DualDisc release of "In the Zone" by Britney Spears

Prior to April 21, 2019, votes for this DualDisc release were unfortunately registered into the votes for the previous DVD-Audio release for numerous reasons. (See that poll)
Going forward, please keep this thread for the DualDisc, and the original thread for the DVD-Audio

The DVD-A release thread can be found HERE

THIS POLL IS FOR THE RELEASE SHOWN BELOW

Last edited:
Be aware of dualdisc version of this album - it contains completely different surround mix, which is terrible by all means.

I just picked that up used at FYE for under $6. So what would the difference be? I haven't played it yet. It does have a "megamix" on the dvd side which I don't remember being on the dvd-audio version, but I'll have to check.

Well, I guess this is a pretty old thread. Not much chance I'll hear back.

It's amazing that they would go through all of that disc re-creation for the DualDisc. I wonder which they made less quantities of

You guys are scaring me....

If I get this this, it will top The Corrs - In Blue for the title of "The disc that I've purchased in surround sound that I'd never EVER consider in stereo".

My wife can't believe that I got The Corrs, she'd freak if I got this.

BTW has anyone confirmed if the dualdisc is the same mix - noting differences listed above?

Apparently the DualDisc is Dolby.
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?4930-Britney-Spears-In-The-Zone-(DualDisc)

I found the DualDisc of this for $7.00. I *vaguely* remembered people giving this a good review. Then I put it on to see how good it was. What? Is this a Silverline disc? What gives?

Then I found this thread. Yep. The DualDisc is stereo with *some* of the instruments in the ambient rear channels. Completely a waste of money and time. ugh.

Try getting the Dualdisc version - Snood got lucky a week ago and found it for 5 bux in great condition on Discogs, just got it in the mail today. It does have the 5.1 mix...
Is it the same 5.1 mix? I read somewhere that it's a less adventurous mix.

It's a different mix, and according to what I've read, it sucks. The awesome mix is only on the DVD-A... Which is crazy expensive now. I have listened to some tracks and it is pretty damn amazing indeed, both in terms of mixing and sound quality. Still... N.E.R.D.'s "In Search Of..." is easily as good in those departments and it's good music to boot. Get that instead ;-)

No! Not the dual disk!!! It's baaaaaaadddd and bad. It *has* to be the DVD-A. The dual disk has a bad mix.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Well for 5 bux............it will do cuz Snood aint paying very much more for Britney:howl

Luv me Surround sound..........buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it's Britney Spears , not Pink Floyd Animals :rolleyes:

So...............yeah

Question is - it's hard to believe that 2 different people would take the time to mix..........ummmmmmm Britney

know the Dual is only Dolby, but........

Guess me point is, Snood will take the 5 dollar DUAL DISC mix for Britney rather than the 200 hundred dollar DVD-A mix.......It's BRITNEY SPEARS ....

Trash in Trash out - 5.1 or not

Oh btw Snood not angry, it just me can't believe Snood spent even 5 bux on Britney

Although her 2nd cover on Rolling Stone in 2003 is so Awesome - which would be about the time this album was put out......you can tell by the cover that Britney was then and still is, all about the music.

Please don't ban Snood!!!

britney-spears-nackt-rolling-stone.jpg

Is it the same 5.1 mix? I read somewhere that it's a less adventurous mix.
that's two different prints on different labels.
the cool mix was done by engineer from Silverline but for Zomba Group on Jive Records.
issue on Dual Disc isn't re-print but separate issue for another label.
i don't know which one and don't know who did mix.

Back