HiRez Poll Spears, Britney - IN THE ZONE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Britney Spears - IN THE ZONE

• Total voters
fwiw NIN's "The Downward Spiral" DualDisc & all Talking Heads DualDiscs have MLP encoded DVD-Audio option iirc.

/checks files

Yes, turns out I have them in both formats (MLP and AC3) from the same DualDisc, I expect they would be the same mix. Besides the Britney, what other DualDiscs have a separate DVD-A (or SACD), released at different times?

Last edited:
/checks files

Yes, turns out I have them in both formats (MLP and AC3) from the same DualDisc, I expect they would be the same mix. Besides the Britney, what other DualDiscs have a separate DVD-A (or SACD), released at different time?

they're the same mixes across the board but there were a number of DVD-A DualDisc releases of titles previously released on Surround SACD by Universal, incl.
- Diana Krall "Girl In The Other Room",
- Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms",
- Jamie Cullum "Twentysomething",
- Keane "Hopes and Fears",
- Lee Ann Womack "Greatest Hits",
- 3 Doors Down "Away From The Sun",
- Mark Knopfler "Shangri-La",
- NIN "The Downward Spiral",
- Sheryl Crow "The Globe Sessions",
- Snow Patrol "Final Straw",
- Toby Keith "Shock N Y'All"

edit: i should add, in all but the Knopfler/Dire Straits cases where the subsequent DualDisc release was on another label (Warner), the DualDiscs listed were UMG releases.

Last edited:
/checks files

Yes, turns out I have them in both formats (MLP and AC3) from the same DualDisc, I expect they would be the same mix. Besides the Britney, what other DualDiscs have a separate DVD-A (or SACD), released at different times?

on an interesting related tangent, there were a couple of Jive/Zomba titles that were released on DualDisc in the States but on CD+DVD 2-disc packages in other territories, including both the Chris Brown & Weird Al Yankovic 5.1 releases, with all incarnations in lossy surround iirc.

just a brief honourable mention, not least because it tickles me that UMG would take a title and release it on just about every standalone surround format variation imaginable, is something like Sheryl Crow's "Globe Sessions", which they issued on DTS CD, DVD Audio, Surround SACD and DVD-Audio DualDisc! 🤪

For me, this album is a prime example of wanting record companies to offer individual 5.1 track downloads. I’d pay for a download of “Toxic” in a heartbeat, and probably “Showdown” as well. But $50+ for the whole album? Just can’t do it. Oh well...

First post. Hi all.
I'm listening to this now, having rediscovered it while re-ripping all of my old DVD-As, DualDiscs, and CDs (long but satisfying project... this time correctly in FLAC). I bought it back in the day after my first Acura TL, when I was gobbling up every DVD-A I could find. Bought it on a road trip almost as a joke. (Side note: remember the days when you could run into a store on a road trip and buy a hires audio disc? Those were the days, my friends.)
This is an example of an album I wouldn't have acknowledged, nor even listened to in its entirety, were it not for it being in hires surround.
... But I really like it.
Another example of such an album: Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. That one stayed in the car for a decade, popped in when I wanted to demo or just didn't know what I felt like listening to. Amazing what a good mix, high resolution audio with good separation can do for a song. Ordinary people just don't know.
So I'm listening to it now, and I have a new appreciation for it again. Maybe because "pop" now is even worse than the dreck I thought this was back in the day, that it sounds good by today's pop standards?
Anyway - excellent mix, and I've added the two-channel mix from the DVD-A to my FiiO player. Lately I go to this or Carpenters Gold when I just want to hear something that sounds good. Clean, crisp, immersive sound that makes the music even better. Now I can tolerate the stereo mix.
Favorite tracks are, like many others, "Toxic" and "Outrageous".

First post. Hi all.
I'm listening to this now, having rediscovered it while re-ripping all of my old DVD-As, DualDiscs, and CDs (long but satisfying project... this time correctly in FLAC). I bought it back in the day after my first Acura TL, when I was gobbling up every DVD-A I could find. Bought it on a road trip almost as a joke. (Side note: remember the days when you could run into a store on a road trip and buy a hires audio disc? Those were the days, my friends.)
This is an example of an album I wouldn't have acknowledged, nor even listened to in its entirety, were it not for it being in hires surround.
... But I really like it.
Another example of such an album: Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. That one stayed in the car for a decade, popped in when I wanted to demo or just didn't know what I felt like listening to. Amazing what a good mix, high resolution audio with good separation can do for a song. Ordinary people just don't know.
So I'm listening to it now, and I have a new appreciation for it again. Maybe because "pop" now is even worse than the dreck I thought this was back in the day, that it sounds good by today's pop standards?
Anyway - excellent mix, and I've added the two-channel mix from the DVD-A to my FiiO player. Lately I go to this or Carpenters Gold when I just want to hear something that sounds good. Clean, crisp, immersive sound that makes the music even better. Now I can tolerate the stereo mix.
Favorite tracks are, like many others, "Toxic" and "Outrageous".

Welcome! Glad to have you here :)

Back