Spectrum - Billy Cobham & Thrust - Herbie Hancock - Audio Fidelity Quad SACD (Feb 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon or Bob, has there been any indication of who did the quad mix for Spectrum? Obviously this was never released so I don't know if it got to the point of having artwork done, but the Atlantic quad releases almost always had a 'Re-mixed for QuadraDisc' credit at the bottom of the back cover, or maybe the tape box of the actual quad master tapes has the info. It would be nice for whoever did it to get the credit after having it languish in the vaults for so long.

I've noticed there's been some confusion about what mix is going to be on the surround layer of the SACD so I made this mock-up of what I think the box art should be like to promote this product properly:

(If AF wants to hire me to do PR in the future I'm available.)

spectrum_fixed.jpg

I've ordered this from Amazon instead of **** **'* who still haven't sent me the Jeff Beck "Orange" disc I ordered (and paid for) last July so I decided to get that one from Amazon too, it came Wednesday last within three days of placing the order. Amazon have given me a "Spectrum" delivery date of March 8.

I've ordered this from Amazon instead of **** **'* who still haven't sent me the Jeff Beck "Orange" disc I ordered (and paid for) last July so I decided to get that one from Amazon too, it came Wednesday last within three days of placing the order. Amazon have given me a "Spectrum" delivery date of March 8.

I'm almost positive Amaz does "groupage" shipping and it takes FOREVER for stuff to arrive to this side of the pond...a good thing though, cause that way they don't screw you with Customs taxes and charges....

I'm almost positive Amaz does "groupage" shipping and it takes FOREVER for stuff to arrive to this side of the pond...a good thing though, cause that way they don't screw you with Customs taxes and charges....

Yeah true but those charges are passed on via the higher price in sterling, not that it matters these AF releases are hardly wallet busters.

Ah, found Spectrum (they don't make it easy!):

http://www.importcds.com/spectrum/780014223427

Here is what you can do...whenever you want to look for AF releases on Deepdiscount just type in Audio Fidelity in the search engine on the site...you will find those 2 listed on the last page..you can put them in your cart or wish list and wait for another promotion...you have plenty of time before the release date and I'm sure they will have another promotion...here is the page

I'm going to order these two AF winners and the XTC Os & Ls shortly. I need two more choices to make my super pack of five titles. I'm not going for Judy or America just yet. I'm in a rocking mood right now.

Try http://www.importcds.com/ they're much cheaper than my UK choices (we pay numerically in £'s what its listed in US$!) - and they'll export to Canada. I have only been let down once when they cancelled my order due to no stock, a few people here have had then cancel more than one. But they are cheaper so I think its worth the risk.

I am looking forward to these much more than any of the previous AF Multichannel SACDs. Does anyone know the best place to order them from if you live in Canada?

They are pretty pricey on Amazon. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B019RVUF3Y?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

But, with the recent weak CDN dollar, it is also expensive to order in other currencies.

Try http://www.importcds.com/ they're much cheaper than my UK choices (we pay numerically in £'s what its listed in US$!) - and they'll export to Canada. I have only been let down once when they cancelled my order due to no stock, a few people here have had then cancel more than one. But they are cheaper so I think its worth the risk.

Thanks Duncan. I have ordered from them before, and it has worked out well. For two SACDs, it would work out to about CDN$74 including shipping. Not bad.

Amazon.ca just lowered the pre-order price of each of these SACDs by about $10. Now $33.73. They must have heard my complain :) Before they were around $44 IIRC. I just pre-ordered mine to lock in this price. Hopefully they will come down even further before the release date.

Back