SPECWEB (Now 2.2)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just caught on to this, looked very interesting and something to do during lockdown.
Then I read that my older Quad 9550 isn't supported. :(
Oh well I will upgrade someday but this box I built in 2008 is still lightening fast for my uses.

Hmm, 2008. I did just finish making a version that Doesn't use AVX, and set it up to use SSE2 (vs anything newer).

SSE3 was in 2004, so using only SSE2 should cover you. I'm going to post version 2.2 presently and I'll post both versions.

Speaking of which, 2.2 has the fix for the few very specific songs failing during VST.

Hmm, 2008. I did just finish making a version that Doesn't use AVX, and set it up to use SSE2 (vs anything newer).

SSE3 was in 2004, so using only SSE2 should cover you. I'm going to post version 2.2 presently and I'll post both versions.

Speaking of which, 2.2 has the fix for the few very specific songs failing during VST.
Thanks, that's very nice of you.

Awesome! Where can 2.2 be downloaded from?

Just saw that you only just posted this; I'll be more patient!

OK Post at top of thread updated with links for version 2.2 (pre and post 2011 CPUs).

I also put a donate button in the post for your convenience ;0)

OK Post at top of thread updated with links for version 2.2 (pre and post 2011 CPUs).
I also put a donate button in the post for your convenience ;0)
Lord, you can't ask for better service than that, less than 24 hours and I'm all set!
I went ahead and made a small donation in-case the virus takes me out before I get around to previewing it.
Cent' Anni

@zeerround Just got around to testing the 2.2 pre 2011 app on my PC. When I drop a stereo file on it, a terminal appears for just a second, then immediately crashes. Any idea where to begin looking?

Hmmm.. (re)verified here on a circa 2008 machine.

What is the model number of your CPU? You can find it in the System Information App (windows 10).

If you know how to bring up a command window and try to run SpecWeb from there, it might give more of an error message.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name SAL-PC
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model EP45-UD3P
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 2834 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F9, 4/16/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB

A huge thumbs up for the new 2.2 version of SpecWeb.

I have trialled the new version mixes against the ones I mixed, using (2.0a2).
And there is a big improvement in almost every aspect.
The seperation is clearer
It has better fidelity
And....it's just great.

Thankyou Zeerround

All commission gratefully accepted!! :D

A huge thumbs up for the new 2.2 version of SpecWeb.

I have trialled the new version mixes against the ones I mixed, using (2.0a2).
And there is a big improvement in almost every aspect.
The seperation is clearer
It has better fidelity
And....it's just great.

Thankyou Zeerround

All commission gratefully accepted!! :D

Can't seem to get it working in Audiomuxer although version 1.5 still works?

Back