• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

SPECWEB (Now 2.2)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

zeerround

I haven't tested recent version with AudioMuxer but can.

In my mind the main reason for AudioMuxer integration was to use AudioMuxer for the resampling, but now that is build into SpecWeb.

Also the dynamics of the original stereo are preserved in SpecWeb, through up/down sample, where as in AudioMuxer the dynamics are changed to eliminate any true peaks (intersample) above 0dB.

My preference is to preserve the dynamics of the original stereo mix (true peaks > 0dB and all).

Side note:

For those of you keeping track, the "loudest" song I have found to date is:​
Savant - ISM - 13 ISM.flac​
It has a True Peak of +4.24 dB and an LUFS of -5.26! :eek:
One more time, not saying "louder is better", just saying if the stereo track was loud, the upmix should be loud too (and have the same "bite" etc.).

But I'll ping the author of AudioMuxer if there is an update he needs to make.

zeerround

AudioMuxer 0.9.6.4 is "working" for me here with SpecWeb 2.2, if I reset the SpecWeb settings, in AudioMuxer, to find the new 2.2 version.

The problem is that 2.x has settings that AudioMuxer doesn't know about, as well as updated defaults, so it "works" but it's not giving all you the updated features or defaults.