Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve Miller 1968 debut!!!!

668253AB-EC9C-44AC-A424-1DFCA923F473.jpeg

it seems I have run into a CLASSIC!
LmpwZWc.jpeg

I mean, you had to live in Mars to not listen to "Instant Replay" back in 1978 but it features the following:
-G.E. Smith on gtr (SNL Orchestra director)
-Vincent Cusano (aka Vinnie Vincent to those uninitiated ones) on some FUNKY/ROCKING solos!
-the always GREAT Edgar Winter on some tasty Sax solos (the title track anyone?)
-The SALSOUL ORCHESTRA!!!! ooo eee doggy!!!! those guys were awesome! .. I was listening to the LP and going, "man , this ORCHESTRA sounds great"..LOL!!!
and of course , the late great Danny Boy on some FUN-KAY bass ("Chocolate box", where he channels some Parliament/Funkadelic and plays EVERYTHING!), plus synths and anything he could get his hands on!

NOW, tell me this ain't a CLASSIC!!!

Now I can say like Tony Curtis...(listening to) DUH CLASSICS!!!!

a "lesser" classic here too:
NC05NDM3LmpwZWc.jpeg

Produced (partly) by Jeff Lynne and featuring Richard Tandy on keys!!!!
Case in point; as soon as the 1st song started I went:"DANG, I have NOT heard THIS in forever!!!"
you be the judge; when was the last time YOU heard this???

Holy crap! For sure, I have not heard that song, like forever. And, I didn't know it was Dave Edmonds! Wow.....and yeah, you can feel Jeff Lynne's finger all over that song. And his vocals I think...

Now THIS one is really one BIG step forward, especially listening right after their previous effort, Eddie Kramer's production really shines here; sound is way more polished and the "Virgin" Quiex brown vinyl pressing is perfect...and , YES, mine is also a Promo just like the pic...
ANOTHER one I used to play back in the mid 80s at that FM station...
Ny05NTE3LmpwZWc.jpeg

A h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h h A
View attachment 87807

Thanks @GOS ! Sounds pretty groovy through the SM v.2 . . . but then everything sounds pretty groovy to me through the SM v.2!
https://www.allmusic.com/album/bridge-of-sighs-mw0000192141https://www.discogs.com/release/19400929-Robin-Trower-Bridge-Of-Sighs
I expect to see you doing elaborate ASCII art any day now...

Back