Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad Home Audio Forum:

Gimme 4

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Surprised that CBS even distributed promos of Sardonicus, which they had little intention of promoting. And for a group in the process of breaking up.

It got pretty good airplay here on the two FM prog rock stations in the area. During my brief stint as a DJ at one of those radio stations I know I played it!

Gimme 4

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Todd Rundgren - Runt

rundgren-runt.jpg

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
20220519_112049.jpg

Peter Gabriel
Live in Athens 1987

Recorded on the tour for the So album. I saw four nights (New Haven, Worcester and two shows in Mansfield). All amazing. I do have a sneaking suspicion though that Peter's vocals on this were re-recorded in the studio.

madship

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
My 15yo decided he wanted to get some "vinyls" and bought the new The Weeknd album, Dawn FM. So I broke out the turntable to find that I lost the cord since I last used it. A couple days later the one I ordered from Amazon shows up and doesn't fit. So I perform some surgery on the cord of a defunct AppleTV and I have power, but nothing with a phono input, so back to Amazon for a phono pre-amp, which arrived yesterday. All set-up and things sounded pretty good. Although The Weeknd isn't my cup of tea, I enjoyed sharing my teenage experience of spinning records with him.

Playing Tales of Mystery and Imagination from the SDE right now.

Two questions about this one.
1. This is a 45 are all the APP SDEs pressed at 45 rpm?
2. This was the first time I took out the records. There are some prominent pops, that sound physical, I don't see any scratches. They're at the beginning of Tell Tale Heart and A Cask of Amontillado. Are there any know pressing issues with the release?