Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gypsy - first

gypsy1.jpg

Yes, there was this a few years ago:

https://www.discogs.com/release/2275140-Hendrix-Live-At-The-Fillmore-East
3-LP set, hard to find now. The 2-CD version is cheaper and easier to find:

https://www.discogs.com/release/381994-Hendrix-Live-At-The-Fillmore-East
I see now what I was doing wrong. I was searching on Amazon and elsewhere for "Band of Gypsys Extended". Don't come up with much that way. Thanks again for the tip. Amazon has the Groovy Children 5 CD set on sale!

Yep. The only thing that concerns me is fumbling. I dropped a tray of Red Yucca plants I started from seeds yesterday. Glad it wasn't a prized mint condition LP!
Let just say, for undisclosed reasons, that I stopped spinning vinyl at a certain point last night.
Didn't want to "fumble" any prized records!

The Fantastic Expedition Of Dillard & Clark
A&M records
My beat up thrift store find from years ago of this great album
With all the record damage clicks pops etc it really sounds wonderful and in synthesized surround.
Great banjo playing.

Last edited:
Felt like spinning again one of the greatest albums EVER...never get tired of it...and , man, THE SONICS!!!
This Wally pressing is outta this world...and of course it did NOT hurt that the basic was recorded on 8 track (or was it 12?) 1inch tape giving each instrument a super highway to fly on....

Huge bonus is the HUMUNGOUS poster with the full cover artwork in 35" x 28", don't care that it's folded...I know that this alone will be worth plenty beacoup bucks... have never seen it listed and the DLB ones I have seen in really bad shape have sold for for .. well, A LOT!

And , oh , I don't think I will ever have any other stylus than these Ortofon Industry Standard carts and stylii... I MIGHT upgrade to the OM40...

Cheers!
Boston Poster frame.jpg

And, as in usual fashion; a 180º...
Gotta throw my subconscious off somehow and keep me on my toes!

Just had a ..."MIND...BLOWN" moment when cleaning this next one...
It's a 99 cent wonder from the Salvation Army Store
, you know, one of those that was played to death or seldom, if ever...
It was quite clean and for some "oh, what the hell, I am sure it won't be...", so I checked and...
IT'S PRESSED ON TRANSLUCENT GREY VINYL!!!
MC04NDI4LmpwZWc.jpeg

Yes, THIS pressing is an "Audiophile quality" pressing--well, whaddayaknow???
Notice that it's a "Book of the Month Club" pressing, and according to whoever put this in "ThisCogs", it was released in 1975...and I scratched my head even FURTHER...let's see... the "earliest" translucent pressing is from .. MFSL in the late 70's????...
oh shite, I may have opened another can of worms...cause from what I recall London records did not release any translucent vinyl LPs ever, so this may be because it's a Book of the Month pressing...THEY HAD THAT MUCH MONEY????

Well, anybody care to elucidate????

AAMOF , I will open a new thread regarding the earliest translucent vinyl (audiophile?) pressing so this does not derail...

Ta, ta!

EDIT: oh, goodness, call me excitable...while flipping it over I noticed the deadwax and on side A it had an engraved "12/81" among other things and on side B it had "12/85"(!!!!) so I guess that takes care of the mystery and totally explains it...it's still quite strange because the usual colors for these translucent discs are either brown (MFSL) or some kind of purple (A&M), and this is grey...

Last edited:
Felt like spinning again one of the greatest albums EVER...never get tired of it...and , man, THE SONICS!!!
This Wally pressing is outta this world...and of course it did NOT hurt that the basic was recorded on 8 track (or was it 12?) 1inch tape giving each instrument a super highway to fly on....

Huge bonus is the HUMUNGOUS poster with the full cover artwork in 35" x 28", don't care that it's folded...I know that this alone will be worth plenty beacoup bucks... have never seen it listed and the DLB ones I have seen in really bad shape have sold for for .. well, A LOT!

And , oh , I don't think I will ever have any other stylus than these Ortofon Industry Standard carts and stylii... I MIGHT upgrade to the OM40...

Cheers!
View attachment 79494
Woah, what kind of bass is that? Looks like a beauty!

So does that poster too, of course. 👍

Back