Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Last American Virgin Soundtrack

lastvirginst.jpg

AF47F296-9527-4CA9-9960-E4D24CB00C77.jpeg

Styx ~ Equinox

My favourite Styx album, a Desert Island Disc for sure.
How long since I last played this audiophile pressing….40 years?

Half Speed Mastered, pressed by JVC in Japan. Clean and utterly quiet.
Sibilants though are brutal.
Could blame my TT set up or the settings on my phono stage, but this is the only LP that sounds like this so…,

Last edited:
so...this WAS spinning on the TT on May 12 , 2012 in Madrid...does it qualify as something to be posted on this thread? I know that the thread clearly states "NOW" but then, time and space are relative, Jung proved it in the "Synchronicity" book...cause a thread named "Now playing this r*p" would not be acceptable...anyway, what I am listening to NOW came from an LP in MY collection....

and Side B cause I wanted to listen to "Images (CHAPTER ONE) which I remember them playing in that famous concert in San Juan in 1981...
NS5qcGVn.jpeg

OC5qcGVn.jpeg

D42010EB-7DD4-4B75-900C-8881CDD39120.jpeg
Gary O’ ~ Strange Behavior

The next dozen or so LPs in my pile are classic 70’s & 80’s CanCon from artists probably obscure to many of you.
Starting with Gary O’ from Toronto and his 2nd album. Has his two best known songs:
Get It While You Can and Shades of ‘45

Last edited:
Oh, man...
I was just grinning and shaking my head...
Was feeling the urge to play this LP I got the other day at the Salvation Army all of a sudden...
I HAD heard "Holiday For Strings" a long time ago and I always loved it until I forgot about it and then...wham, I get this LP and I finally PLAYED IT...
I LOOOVE "Holiday for Strings"!!!!!!
It's a CLASSIC!
too bad nobody has tackled it in MCH!!!!

THIS is my MONO LP with recordings from 1947!!!
Ny02ODc3LmpwZWc.jpeg

and for those who don't remember it, HERE IT IS:

Back