Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reckon the picture is Alvin Lee?
You reckoned right!

tenyrsafter-gohomesml.jpg

Two opposite ends of the spectrum. A re listen to “Gigolo” made me want to put it in my “to get rid of” pile. Very dated. “Gandhi” is good, just wish there was more Ravi in it.

Attachments

• 9C5842E2-88C1-43B4-AA96-199A1F9B53FC.jpeg
    9C5842E2-88C1-43B4-AA96-199A1F9B53FC.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DFBFD8E6-414F-40F1-A2CB-56F96425E66B.jpeg
    DFBFD8E6-414F-40F1-A2CB-56F96425E66B.jpeg
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
my latest acquisition, a UK original pressing..very minty!!! God, Greg's voice had MUTATED into something totally different!!!!! Was lucky enough to catch them live on Halloween 1992 in Madrid's Conde Duque in a HUGE tent and it was SWELTERING... the ONLY time I saw ELPalmer, although I was a MUCH bigger fan of ELPowell cause I saw them in 1986 in Boston and Cozy was a much better drummer for the group...yeah yeah, but Carl was always rushing the tempos and Cozy was a freaking ROCK!
Hell, I even rescued the Tour Programme from my things in Magerit last week!
MC05Njg5LmpwZWc.jpeg

74001-Whipped-Cream.JPG

this was QUITE dirty and my humble method consisting of spraying distilled water with some alcohol and cleaning it off with Kimwpes has actually surprised me, this sounds basically NEW!!!
and oooooh, Dolores, baby..maybe I'll frame you in the end...such a waste of a perfect condition cover!!!
Is that the best album cover of all time?
Top 5 for sure

74001-Whipped-Cream.JPG

this was QUITE dirty and my humble method consisting of spraying distilled water with some alcohol and cleaning it off with Kimwpes has actually surprised me, this sounds basically NEW!!!
and oooooh, Dolores, baby..maybe I'll frame you in the end...such a waste of a perfect condition cover!!!
I'll have to dig my copy out and play it now that you remind me. Bought it in late '65 in the 9th grade when I was playing trumpet in the Junior High School band, for the trumpet playing of course!

Back