Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AP I Robot MFSL.jpg

Supertramp, Even in the quietest moments.

Original first release, I've owned it since oh.... '77? Vacuum cleaned, naturally.

Oh, I got a couple of copies of that Alan Parson's I Robot... one is the MoFi version. Actually, I prefer his The Turn Of A Friendly Card. I think it's underrated.

You're not really a record collector until you measure you LP collection in linear feet. I think I got something like 4000 or so, I dunno. Got rid of my CDs and now I'm in the process of getting rid of my DVDs. When I'm done, all I'll have is LPs and files in the NASs.

I do have some CD4 and QS/SQ records. Just make sure you got a good shibata, or line contact, stylus.. and you might want to look at using a wet vacuum machine.

I won't even get into the direct drive vs belt drive thing. I myself prefer a good belt ( or two, or three when scotch gets involved ). Audio nirvana is achieved and audio nervosa is defeated with one belt in the turntable and three in a tumbler on my right hand.

I guess I need to set up a quad audio system. Got the amps, got the decoders, got the speakers.... running out of house to put another system... I've been using quad headphones instead...

Has anyone been able to drive a 24/96 WAV file recording of a Quad LP through a decoder to see if it decodes the surround track? That might be a fun project.

Last edited:
I've spun McCartney III three times today. I REALLY like it. Finally something good came out of 2020. What a gift to get such a good new album from an almost 80 year old.

My favorite APP album. (Although I need a better copy. Mine is full of clicks and pops.)

Last week, I visited a local record store for the first time and bought a used $3 copy of "Eve." I'm a pop guy. I judge an album by how many songs I recognize. There were none on this album, but I still really enjoyed it. And it's a really clean copy for $3! :LB

They also had a CD-4 copy of America's Holiday. $8 and decoded perfectly! :)

Acker Bilk - "Stranger on the Shore" (LP) - an excellent recording. Some of those guys in the early sixties really knew their stuff.

Doug

Reactions: GOS
Back