Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever see The Tubes Video compilation (I have it on LD and CED, the Tubes is the only concert I ever went to [1983-10])?

Earlier in the concert day, the Tubes were at a record store in the Old Capitol Mall, I waited in line and they autographed the cover of my LD (some in line asked if my LD was a Japanese pressing, technically, it was), Fee Waybill said they had only sold about 1000 LDs of The Tubes Video.

Kirk Bayne
The only Tubes video that I had was on the Betamax tape that was actually a video album of The Completion Backwards Principal with Fee Waybill running around with his long slong bouncing all over the place. Later on, when Laser Disc was popular, I found a copy of it for sale but I ended up returning it after first view because they blocked out Fee’s penis and I needed to see it for research purposes. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Yes, that's the one, unfortunately, my LD developed "laser rot", so in my case the CED videodisc (also edited w/black rectangle) is my best copy (never owned The Tubes Video on prerecorded tape).

Their Outside Inside album liner notes mention the video being available on LD/CED/Beta/VHS.

Kirk Bayne

AB5ABFAA-2E24-4DFD-8CED-6E6F2315C025.jpeg

View attachment 84442

Wow! Wow! Wow! This new pressing sounds beautiful. Full, rich bass. Very dynamic. George's masterpiece. He matured so much throughout his career. This album is a stunner.
Is it me or is that the largest album jacket I've ever seen? I assume it's a box, but still, that's gotta be 18 inches or more! (Or maybe it's just an optical illusion.)

From one spectrum to another!
My sis in law got me this and Motown Greatest Hits Vol. 5 from a thrift store....
Curiously enough it's still a quite decent listening experience in spite of being played a ZILLION TIMES...I think that is an advantage of having a Fine Line Stylus, it reaches the stuff that was barely played all the way down to the groove... and now that I notice it, pun intended too!!!
https://www.discogs.com/release/2391268-The-Temptations-Greatest-Hits

Back