Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#poweroflove #backintime
PXL_20221013_235233601~2.jpg

Oh , man, this is awesome!...I think it's a testament to vinyl and its durability that in spite of being played dozens of times (endless spindle marks and faded label around the spindle hole, scratches, etc.) you can still enjoy 55 year old records!!!!
https://www.discogs.com/release/11888958-Various-The-Motown-Sound-16-Big-Hits-Vol-5
I had to say something and I had my stylus find an unplayable scratch in "Come see about me"....LOL!!!
and it's one of those that are irrepairable , the kind that is parallel to the grooves!

I wasn’t paying attention and played side 2, first, by mistake. 🤪

Anyway, first time listen and found the album to be mediocre. The better songs are the first two on side 1 (Vision Thing & First You Jump). These are the same songs that have videos on YouTube. The best song on the album to me is, Planet Zero. There’s an actual drummer on only 3 of the 9 songs. The songs sound flat at congested and the mix is sub par. I had high hopes for this release because I didn’t like what came after Big Music. Don’t know if I’ll be spinning this one again.

Here’s a shot of the label for side 1:

0BD07640-0F02-4860-90D6-3013A2D908EE.jpeg

My copy is the limited Silver color of goop purchased directly from their Website but, surprisingly enough, was shipped to me from within the United States.

Back