Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody mention Chilliwack :unsure:
*haven't played this in probably 40 years :oops:

CHILLIWACK.jpg

Never heard of Chilliwack! I have a vague recollection of Ambrosia, the name rang a bell, but I don't recognise any of the album covers I found on-line, so maybe I heard them on UK radio in the early 70s most likely are either Annie Nightingales's afternoon show on after school, one of the Saturday afternoon rock shows both on BBC Radio 1, or possibly Nicky Hornes's "Your Mother Wouldn't like It" on London's Capital Radio.

Picked up this one and man it's just amazing, Classic Records totally knocking it out of the park as it were on this one 🥃

High quality audiophile pressing on 200 gram virgin vinyl.
Remastered from the original mono tapes.
The album was intented to follow the original UK running order – which is to say, without A Whiter Shade of Pale or Homburg. Ironically when Mike Hobson (president of Classic Records) played the original mono master tape the first song heard was Homburg with Conquistador relegated to the No.4 spot on side 2.
Whiter Shade of Pale (original title track of the US running order and the group's most famous song) has been relocated to a separate pale green two sided 12" disc (Side C - 33 ⅓ RPM & Side D - 45 RPM) for this version (Mono).

First 1000 copies were issued with 7" on white vinyl (Stereo). This contains an alternate version of the famous single.

link to interesting read: Procol Harum (1967) : reviewed in 'Stereophile'

procalharum.jpg

Well I've just ordered a Technics SL1210GR (Black) with an Ortofon Blue (Plug & Play so on its own headshell) to replace the Rega P3/Ortofon Red which has now seen better days and will be kept as a spare for the 2nd system when I get round to putting one together. Richer Sounds knocked £220 off the Technics price in a FLASH sale!

Brandi Carlisle - Firewatchers Daughter

The recent ATO reissue on white vinyl. Didn't realize it was white when I ordered it, but it sounds good and looks cool.

Back