Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the day for me (as I alluded to in the post) but man, the guitars on that album sound the way that guitars are supposed to sound.

Reactions: GOS
My sister in law is visiting us; I have known her since 1980 (for those of you keeping tabs, I married my High School sweetheart after 38 years of separate lives..and divorces)...I used to play her Rush , Yes, BÖC, etc. and she was always very receptive...
We even mixed a Flock of Seagulls song to MCH (The more you live...) in my studio in Logic and it came out GREAT!
She stopped at the Salvation Army and got a Djanho Reindhart LP for a buck (see below)...the LP is compiled from old acoustic recordings (for 78s) but the point I wanted to make was that when we ripped it, the noise overpowered the music but I was always optimistic because ClickRepair came to the rescue and it did an incredible job. My sis in law was amazed at how this program could clean ALL of the clicks and pops...and yeah, it was fun!
I am sure you guys have listened to demos and they are honest!
And of course , it is always a wonder listening to the two fingered virtuoso guitarist!!!! ...OK, he used his ring and pinky fingers for CHORDS...but STILLL...wow...
R-12328705-1533039788-5263.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
My sister in law is visiting us; I have known her since 1980 (for those of you keeping taps, I married my High School sweetheart after 38 years of separate lives..and divorces)...I used to play her Rush , Yes, BÖC, etc. and she was always very receptive...
We even mixed a Flock of Seagulls song to MCH (The more you live...) in my studio in Logic and it came out GREAT!
She stopped at the Salvation Army and got a Djanho Reindhart LP for a buck (see below)...the LP is compiled from old acoustic recordings (for 78s) but the point I wanted to make was that when we ripped it, the noise overpowered the music but I was always optimistic because ClickRepair came to the rescue and it did an incredible job. My sis in law was amazed at how this program could clean ALL of the clicks and pops...and yeah, it was fun!
I am sure you guys have listened to demos and they are honest!
And of course , it is always a wonder listening to the two fingered virtuoso guitarist!!!! ...OK, he used his ring and pinky fingers for CHORDS...but STILLL...wow...
R-12328705-1533039788-5263.jpeg.jpg
Cool Kap!
Sweethearts, noise reduction and Django, lovely post.
Django probably used that old trick of the thumb over the top for the low E also; so maybe 3 1/2 fingers?

This one may probably go out to Mamita Linda and the Pupster...
A couple of years ago , IIRC, the Pupster mentioned Jay Ferguson's "Shakedown Cruise" which was a song I had been looking for DECADES since it's not part of the "selected" songs from the 70s that make it to "heavy classic rock" rotation... I remember listening to it in the radio back then and it disappeared until it got shaken out by the mention here; I looked it up on the ever powerful YT multiverse and there it was! So I saved my pennies to get a nice Japanese pressing that looks totally mint to find out that the pressing sucks big time!...oh well... we learn...
Still, the LP is more or less like rubbernecking.. it's not bad but it's not that great either but still .. hell, I like it! And damn the shitty japanese pressings (and the Torpedoes too!!)
R-8002899-1453282416-9063.jpeg.jpg

and back to thrift store findings...
I only get LPs that look good and this one looked like it was unplayed...
It still had the shrinkwrap and the booklet that came with the 1st LP of the composer on the collection...and hell, it sounded WAY better than the Jay Ferguson Japanese pressing...you bet your sweet bippie...Look THAT up in your Funk and Wagnalls...
R-11901527-1524406803-2087.jpeg.jpg

A couple of years ago , IIRC, the Pupster mentioned Jay Ferguson's "Shakedown Cruise" which was a song I had been looking for DECADES since it's not part of the "selected" songs from the 70s that make it to "heavy classic rock" rotation... I remember listening to it in the radio back then and it disappeared until it got shaken out by the mention here; I looked it up on the ever powerful YT multiverse and there it was! So I saved my pennies to get a nice Japanese pressing that looks totally mint to find out that the pressing sucks big time!...oh well... we learn...
Still, the LP is more or less like rubbernecking.. it's not bad but it's not that great either but still .. hell, I like it! And damn the shitty japanese pressings (and the Torpedoes too!!)
I don't remember any of that :unsure:

For anyone interested in Django Reinhardt, get Young Django by Stephane Grappelli. I bought an early Germany CD. One of my most played. Sounds great and is a hit at dinner parties. Although I've not owned the LP, German MPS pressings I've bought were always great. A loving tribute from someone who played with Django:

https://www.discogs.com/Stephane-Gr...-Ørsted-Pedersen-Young-Django/release/5092890

Joe Walsh on guitar and produced by Bill Szymczyk:

For anyone interested in Django Reinhardt, get Young Django by Grappelli, Coryell, Catherine and Orsted-Peterson. I bought an early Germany CD. One of my most played. Sounds great and is a hit at dinner parties. Although I've not owned the LP, German MPS pressings I've bought were great. A loving tribute from someone who played with Django:

https://www.discogs.com/Stephane-Gr...-Ørsted-Pedersen-Young-Django/release/5092890

Joe Walsh on guitar and produced by Bill Szymczyk:
why don't I already know about this!!!

That's why you're the Quad Goddess!

Chuck Berry - Live in Detroit (from the Great Twenty-Eight box).

I was really looking forward to this one being backed by the Funk Brothers but sadly Jamerson (my second favorite bassist ever) seems to be drunk or high because instead of bringing genius to the proceedings he nearly wrecks them.

Just watched the first episode of the McCartney Rubin series on Hulu and now I'm playing Living Color - Vivid. I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever find a clean copy but today I bought a NM 1A matrices both sides gold foil promo stamped copy for only $15! I figure it's worth about three times that amount.

Back