Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from RSD and I'm spinning the Prine now. Really nice vinyl and box, but the audio itself has kind of a bootleg feel to it. I almost wonder if this was recorded to cassette. It's obviously soundboard and since it's solo vocal and guitar it's not a difficult capture but even Kevin Gray couldn't quite fix the EQ and there are some spots that distort.

So much talent, gives me goosebumps!!

7607A8B9-ED2C-4FC8-8AF7-9A5332516C4D.jpeg

I almost bought that but I had a friend who really wanted it and couldn't attend so I picked it up for him. Maybe I'll double back and see if they have any left tomorrow. Or maybe I'll see if any cheap copies of the original surface on the used market.

The bonus content is great, pricey release but very well done.

Is the bonus stuff more on the bluesy side or the trippy side?

Kind of both, but definitely in the "Night tripper" style, from the 2 page insert about the original plan for the original release: "It would be a 3 album conceptual set. The sun was the
record you put on when you woke up in the morning, later in the afternoon you'd put on the Herbs, the herbs you eat, the herbs you smoke, the herbs that heal you.
And last would be the Moon, night music dedicated to the enchantment of the evening of the moon goddess, Real lunar-sea action." :smokin

Kind of both, but definitely in the "Night tripper" style, from the 2 page insert about the original plan for the original release: "It would be a 3 album conceptual set. The sun was the
record you put on when you woke up in the morning, later in the afternoon you'd put on the Herbs, the herbs you eat, the herbs you smoke, the herbs that heal you.
And last would be the Moon, night music dedicated to the enchantment of the evening of the moon goddess, Real lunar-sea action." :smokin
So it's not the original album plus two albums of outtakes, it's a new three record running order based on the original concept? That's interesting.

So it's not the original album plus two albums of outtakes, it's a new three record running order based on the original concept? That's interesting.

Loosely, they had lots in the cans but it never went to a final running order as the tapes went astray for awhile and parts were erased and some parts
had to be salvaged so this isn't the true lost 2nd and 3rd LP as it contains an alternate take of "Where Ya At Mule" on side 6. and a few other
changes but it is as close as we'll ever get.

BTW at some point I'll do a back to back of the 1st LP and my speakers corner copy to see how they compare sound wise :smokin

Back