Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
img_1_1641951953263.jpg

been rippi..., erm, I mean, LISTENING to the Camilo Sesto goodies I got and , man, I love it when there's a basically unplayed slab even when you have to clean it in your kitchen sink (using the LP cleaning spray mixture and Kimwipes)...
There were some real gems and even discs that were cut extremely hot!!! ...dang, I had to turn down the preamp settings.
I also found out that I got some later represses and a real first pressing, which are NOT in DIscogs (anybody know how to add different pressing?)...
Notice the "tip-in" (extra silver foil sticker on cover, quite costly) which was later eliminated and the "autograph" was kept, though...here is my pressing,
IMG_0570.JPG

and here is the Discogs pic:
R-6418701-1575150153-6575.jpeg.jpg

and the pic on the inside gatefold was eventually used for the cover...
Original:
IMG_0574.JPG

later pressings:
R-6700871-1565087238-1744.jpeg.jpg

In anticipation of Steven Wilson's forthcoming 5.1 mix, Ultravox's Rage in Eden. I am sure Steven will do wonderous things with this.

Possibly my most anticipated surround release of the year! "The Thin Wall" should be a demo track for the ages. I'm looking forward to the stereo remix as well - I know Conny Plank's work on the original stereo release is highly regarded by fans, but I've always found his mixes of Rage and Vienna have this odd dark-sounding quality: my '81 UK pressing of Rage has plenty of bass, but the high-end seems recessed. Steven restored those missing highs on the drums and electric guitar in his Vienna remix, making it my go-to version of the album.

Back