Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read lots of reviews concerning the Blackened pressings. Apparently 1/2 were done at one place and 1/2 at another. AJFA and Puppets are on the good list, so I tried them. Best I've heard of either album.
Hmmm. Well, when I said same pressing, I assumed there were only 1, hence my statement. I'll give it a spin again and see if I still feel the same way. The Garage Inc I mentioned sounded spectacular. Only, in the quiet passages between songs, it sounded like sandpaper! That's why I got rid of it. Fidelity was stunning, but I couldn't get past the noisy between songs.

image.jpg

I use a spin-clean system, then place them in a new static free sleeve. The usual spot clean before every play with the old school RCA brand brush with liquid. Anyway, it's a poor pressing. Not dust. When you've heard a poor pressing, where it's super noisy between tracks, you'll never forget it. It cannot be fixed with cleaning.
Aw, that's sad. Fortunately, my recent MoP and AJFA purchases are nice n' quiet. And they sound, to me, like Metallica ought to. Too bad KEA and RTL weren't mastered at the same place. They don't have good reputations.
Garage Inc. is a cool release. Especially CD 2. CD will have to do!

Aw, that's sad. Fortunately, my recent MoP and AJFA purchases are nice n' quiet. And they sound, to me, like Metallica ought to. Too bad KEA and RTL weren't mastered at the same place. They don't have good reputations.
Garage Inc. is a cool release. Especially CD 2. CD will have to do!
Yeah, honestly, it totally ruined the listening pleasure. I spent good money on that box too...but recovered most of it when I sold it.

Curious how you clean your records? Even new ones can have debris. It was noisy even after a brushing?
I had a couple of 10-inch LPs that a family member left on top of the stereo console in their jackets in the sun. They got a sandpaper effect. One was left with only half of the jacket in the sun. The sandpaper effect was there for half a rotation and not there for the next. When eBay was young, I replaced both records with undamaged copies.

I have also found original pressings on certain labels that were always noisy.

So there are noises that can't be cleaned away.

Last edited:
Back