Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20220925_022257338~2.jpg

Maybe I am doing it all wrong (yes, yes, we just left Virgo and entered Libra, I guess I am at least ONE WEEK LATE!)
BUT MAYBEEEE...just maybe, the German Pressings were basically never played and that is why they probably are noisy...
SOOOOO...
I am ripping them TWICE...and whaddayaknow? this side is sounding a BIT cleaner than when I just played it a few minutes ago.. of course, it gets my distilled water with a bit of 90º Alcohol cleaned with KimWipes clean up again cause I saw all kinds of nasty things on the slab after playing it for the first time so I MAY adopt this method of ripping the SECOND playing...

How long do they recommend to have the LP "rest" before playing again????

ahhh Daphnis et Chlöe...sublime! and man , aren't these GOLDEN LABELS purrrtyyyy!!!!
MjItNDUxMC5qcGVn.jpeg

I am ripping them TWICE...and whaddayaknow? this side is sounding a BIT cleaner than when I just played it a few minutes ago.. of course, it gets my distilled water with a bit of 90º Alcohol cleaned with KimWipes clean up again cause I saw all kinds of nasty things on the slab after playing it for the first time so I MAY adopt this method of ripping the SECOND playing...
I won’t argue with your success, but IIRC, Kimwipes have embedded glass in them that is quite abrasive. But to be honest, I haven’t seen a Kimwipe since 1972 or so, so maybe they’ve changed, or maybe they have more than one product. Would a paper towel work? What would be lint-free?

I won’t argue with your success, but IIRC, Kimwipes have embedded glass in them that is quite abrasive. But to be honest, I haven’t seen a Kimwipe since 1972 or so, so maybe they’ve changed, or maybe they have more than one product. Would a paper towel work? What would be lint-free?
Interesting….that would be a bit weird cause one of the main uses is to clean glasses and lenses and for them to have glass in them would be counter productive…

Interesting….that would be a bit weird cause one of the main uses is to clean glasses and lenses and for them to have glass in them would be counter productive…
As, I noted, it’s been ages since I used any, but glass on glass wouldn’t necessarily be harmful, but glass on vinyl? We were cautioned not to use them to blow our nose in because of the chance of inhaling glass particles. Maybe the bosses were full of crap (hmmm, what are the odds?) or maybe it’s a different product than what we used. Seems like I ought to do some modern research.

Those are the recommended "wipes" by pro photographers for cleaning coated lenses. I have a box of the 1-ply Kimwipes "delicate task wipes" for cleaning camera lenses I bought just for that purpose.

I will use plain Bounty paper towels to soak up most of the water when I need to wash a used record. Very low or no lint.

from classical to baroque...
Started with this one which I got SEALED and it was MIN-TY!, although warped (probably cause it was sealed, there was a bit of a noticeable warp in the shrink) but , man, I think it sounds better than the SACD version...of course , the tapes were new back then...
https://www.discogs.com/release/100...on-Symphony-Orchestra-Pastorale-Symphony-No-6
and then a Dutch pressing which was also warped but the pressing was nothing to write home about....still, an enjoyable listen...
https://www.discogs.com/release/122...ber-Orchestra-Pachelbel-Kanon-Albinoni-Adagio

Back