Spinning on the Turntable now...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PXL_20220929_190806397.jpg

Some say this is Linda's worst album, that she went kind of "punk-ish". Well, I picked it up for $3 while on vacation and it's definitely worth more. :) Very nice and I'm surprised how many of the songs I recognize, hearing them on the radio back in 1980-81. It doesn't do great in fake quad through my Sansui, but it's still good.

View attachment 84042
Some say this is Linda's worst album, that she went kind of "punk-ish". Well, I picked it up for $3 while on vacation and it's definitely worth more. :) Very nice and I'm surprised how many of the songs I recognize, hearing them on the radio back in 1980-81. It doesn't do great in fake quad through my Sansui, but it's still good.
Lovely Linda!
I have a lot of her records and enjoy them all, for what they are.

View attachment 84042
those EYES, that face..THAT VOICE!!!! :love:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I have started recording videos of me opening sealed NOS LPs -which I will probably upload to utube or somewhere else- and all three have come out warped even though there is no visible warp from the outside...of course, they immediately go to the "flattening" pile which is underneath my VERTICAL LP collection...
Fortunately all three have been QUIET as HELL vinyl , so I prefer the quiet vinyl to the slight warp, but that's just me...

Spinning the Berlioz one right now...love the sound and the interpretation...that Martinon guy was something else!
79476-IMG-1843.JPG

(you like how I recycle uploaded images??? cool feature!)

I have started recording videos of me opening sealed NOS LPs -which I will probably upload to utube or somewhere else- and all three have come out warped even though there is no visible warp from the outside...of course, they immediately go to the "flattening" pile which is underneath my VERTICAL LP collection...
Fortunately all three have been QUIET as HELL vinyl , so I prefer the quiet vinyl to the slight warp, but that's just me...

Spinning the Berlioz one right now...love the sound and the interpretation...that Martinon guy was something else!
79476-IMG-1843.JPG

(you like how I recycle uploaded images??? cool feature!)
The Rostropovich one is a MESS regarding interpretation....he may have been a brilliant cellist but he was a lousy conductor...it is REALLY hard to screw up Scheherazade but he apparently DID... FAST when it should have been SLOW and VICE-VERSA, I was basically laughing out loud when listening to it....unfortunately it's the ONLY Columbia SQ recording of it...but hey, I can play my beloved Mehta interpretation in faux surround in Foobar

this little baby just arrived from Japan...only $12 and it's basically MINT!!! the seller posted it as NM and I like it when they post it as one grade below... the packaging was also top notch and it came by.. FED EX!!!!... I sold the "VOLUME WARS VICTIM" SACD which I had such high hopes for for $75 and I spent $24 on the REAL THING!!!
My FAVORITE YES album.. I know, I am weird but I love it even more cause I shunned it when it came out because Jon nor Rick were there and I rediscovered it many years later... I even have a UK 1st pressing in Madrid but , ahhhhh.. to feel it every day...
"a thing of beauty is a joy forever"
IMG_1887.JPG

Last edited:
this pressing may go down in recent history as having the highest return rate for defective
sub par quality, shame too because it does sound great when not snap crackle and popping.
I heard one retailer off YouTube saying he’s seen 40% of his stock that was sold, returned. I purchased my copy off Amazon and guess I got lucky. It’ll be interesting to see how many copies of the box set are returned because of defective vinyl. I didn’t order the box set because I didn’t want the CD or DVD and just went for the separate BD & Vinyl LP.

Could it possibly be the box may have gotten a latter release date to try and use a batch of better pressings? It could be a major disaster for them if a 40% return rate happened with the high $ release version

Ever see The Tubes Video compilation (I have it on LD and CED, the Tubes is the only concert I ever went to [1983-10])?

Earlier in the concert day, the Tubes were at a record store in the Old Capitol Mall, I waited in line and they autographed the cover of my LD (some in line asked if my LD was a Japanese pressing, technically, it was), Fee Waybill said they had only sold about 1000 LDs of The Tubes Video.

Kirk Bayne

Back