HiRez Poll Spyro Gyra - GOOD TO GO GO [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Spyro Gyra - GOOD TO GO GO

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this SACD from "Heads Up"! (y):phones(n)

I liked this one. Especially the two tracks where Andy Narell joins in with some tropical steel drums.

Its enjoyable 5.1 SACD Surround Sound - plus a nice holiday, tropical island feel. Just the thing for a rainy winter day! :)

These are great surround mixes. And if you like well played "smooth jazz" I can recommend the Spyro Gyra SACDs.

I've got all five Spyro Gyra SACDs and I'm certainly most happy with these!
Yes, you can label this release smooth jazz, but it can definitely rock pretty hard. Do yourself a favor and turn it up, it's absolutely crankable. The sound quality is excellent and the mix is almost perfect. The panning is not totally aggressive, but when there are additional instruments (percussion, steel drum) or vocals (Jam Up) added, there's not much space left for improvement.
Initially, the material can seem quite interchangeable, however that gets better with repeated listening. Nine smooth points.

I've got all five Spyro Gyra SACDs and I'm certainly most happy with these!
Yes, you can label this release smooth jazz, but it can definitely rock pretty hard. Do yourself a favor and turn it up, it's absolutely crankable. The sound quality is excellent and the mix is almost perfect. The panning is not totally aggressive, but when there are additional instruments (percussion, steel drum) or vocals (Jam Up) added, there's not much space left for improvement.
Initially, the material can seem quite interchangeable, however that gets better with repeated listening. Nine smooth points.

Great live band! And they can definitely rock pretty hard!

Back