HiRez Poll Spyro Gyra - IN MODERN TIMES [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Spyro Gyra - IN MODERN TIMES

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this title - (y) :phones (n)

I like this one even better than The Deep End. The music is excellent, the recording very clean and sparkly, and the surround mix is more discrete than the one on The Deep End. One of my favorite SACDs. I gave it a 10.

I like all of the Spyro Gyra offerings, and this sounds very nice. I have a hard time giving it a 10, making it the best there can be over all others. Nothing at all wrong with it. A 7.

The sound is easy on my ears. The mix makes decent use of the surrounds. I could've gone with either an 8 or 9, but ultimately I choose to vote 9. My favorite tunes: "After Hours", "The River Between", "East River Blue", and "Planet J". That said, it's a little too "smooth" for me to listen to the entire album in one sitting.

The band that our Canadian members never heard of. ( I won't tell who it is) But, he is not empty anyway!) hahahahaha anyway good album. Pretty good production, nice use of the rears and I feel overall a nice mix.
this band has been called "cheesy elevator music" I agree some stuff is kind of AM radio-ish. But, you have to earn money! make a few 2-minute songs then sneak in the good stuff.
They played as HS kids went to college and came back to the Buffalo music scene and made it. Saw them live in town. Very good performance. One could tell immediately they knew what they were doing. Accomplished musicians always stand out in a live show. Jay Beckinstine is the leader and has a couple of solo works out there. They way I heard it, they never did intend to be a band. But, since I know nothing it does not count- (my comment)
I know more about nothing than any member here.:sick:

Last edited:
Back