• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SQ /CBS NEWSLETTER

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fizzywiggs41

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
If anyone has any "CBS SQ Newsletters" I wouldn't mind obtaining copies.

I'm not to sure when they started publishing these for any interested Quadraphile . I would guess there would have been distributions of these CBS SQ news bulletins and/or Quad SQ matrix Promotional News items... to anyone who asked , in and around 1973 through to 1977 ? That's a bit of a guess as far as those years are so indicated.
Interested individuals would have been Radio Stations , various audio Magazine reviewers and Editors and Record Studios for people involved with Producing quad albums .

Please PM me if you are willing to sell or trade for any of these .

Thanks ,

Fizzy :)

Hmmm,

I was sure hoping someone could accommodate.

I found out about those SQ newsletters , when it was too late. ....FAR TOO LATE :(
Is this the one you mean?
This one came from the STEREO Lp KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong

Attachments

• KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong.jpg
    KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 68
No it's not what I'm looking for Kvadro.

CD-4 backers had the CD Forum Newsletter with many articles on the CD-4 format. , and so did Sansui with the Four Channel Scene , all QS based .

I have
20210730_104820.jpg
20210730_104901.jpg
most copies of the CD Forum , and maybe 15- 20 copies of The Four Channel Scene.

Anyway it was being published by CBS or a hired publisher . And this was back in the mid 70's (I think). Could even have been sometime in the early 70's .
It would contain lots of information on SQ FM and various recording projects.

I'm sure the late and missed Disclord , QQ member , would likely had some in his possession.

No it's not what I'm looking for Kvadro.

CD-4 backers had the CD Forum Newsletter with many articles on the CD-4 format. , and so did Sansui with the Four Channel Scene , all QS based .

I have View attachment 69557View attachment 69558most copies of the CD Forum , and maybe 15- 20 copies of The Four Channel Scene.

Anyway it was being published by CBS or a hired publisher . And this was back in the mid 70's (I think). Could even have been sometime in the early 70's .
It would contain lots of information on SQ FM and various recording projects.

I'm sure the late and missed Disclord , QQ member , would likely had some in his possession.
Sorry, as from myself I didn't even know about this CD 4Forum Newsletter

Last edited:
Is this the one you mean?
This one came from the STEREO Lp KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong

Do you have a photo of that Firesign Theatre vinyl lp that was enclosed ? Curious as to whether it's the quad (gold circle ) or the standard stereo red circle ?

Do you have a photo of that Firesign Theatre vinyl lp that was enclosed ? Curious as to whether it's the quad (gold circle ) or the standard stereo red circle ?
Hi fizzywiggs41, here it is:

PS the same letter was also included on these 2 other Lps:
MS 31019_Morton Subotnick_TOUCH
MQ 30683_Morton Subotnick_SIDEWINDER

NO CBS QUAD inner sleeve
🌏 OTHERS ?

Attachments

• KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong.jpg
    KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 40
  • KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong_a.jpg
    KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong_a.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 49
  • KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong_(+ CQ 33141)_a.jpg
    KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong_(+ CQ 33141)_a.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 49
  • KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong_(+ CQ 33141).jpg
    KC 33141_FIRESIGN THEATRE_Everything You Know Is Wrong_(+ CQ 33141).jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 43
Ok thanks for the pics.

So it does contain the gold quad label (74) .
I was hoping it might contain the red stereo circular label , which would make that disc a single inventory quad.

Here's some pics to see what I meant. The TFT-Dwarfs album is stereo.

20210806_144817.jpg
20210806_144811.jpg
20210806_144704.jpg

💥 YES, can you do it or someone else. I can't at the moment. This week coming I will be very busy

I´m very interested in copy or scan of these "Four Channel Scene"
Shall we open a new thread and a cloud for these scans?
Thanks a lot

Back