"SQ final" characteristics question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how the SQ script finishes with the front channels. - Sorry, not very clear - let me explain.
a straight SQ decode results in the front channels a a pass through (no change from the input. The rear channels in a straight decode reverse the "mix". That is to say - the front channels are heard 3db down as an out of phase (roughly) signal - centered between the the rear channels. In the SQ-L decoders (from Lafayette) - still, the front channels are a straight pass through (unless there is a rear center signal) - and all the "magic" happens with the rear. - so my question is - what does the SQ-final script do to/with the front channels?

thanks

From what I can tell it removes the rear channel information from the front and vice versa.

From what I can tell it removes the rear channel information from the front and vice versa.
Thanks. Don't think they've come up with a way to completely separate front from rear, though that has been the goal.. at the best.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how the SQ script finishes with the front channels. - Sorry, not very clear - let me explain.
a straight SQ decode results in the front channels a a pass through (no change from the input. The rear channels in a straight decode reverse the "mix". That is to say - the front channels are heard 3db down as an out of phase (roughly) signal - centered between the the rear channels. In the SQ-L decoders (from Lafayette) - still, the front channels are a straight pass through (unless there is a rear center signal) - and all the "magic" happens with the rear. - so my question is - what does the SQ-final script do to/with the front channels?

thanks
The center channel extractor is used but run with the channels at 90 and -90 degrees phase difference between them to remove the cross talk from the rear, the same is done with the rears to remove the crosstalk from the front.

Back