SQD-2020 Service Manual

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RichardC

Hello,
Does anyone have a copy of theservice manual for the
Sony SQD-2020 decoder. I remember one being sold
with a decoder a couple of months ago on Ebay, does
anyone have the email of the guy that bought it?
Thanks,
Richard
(My SQD-2020 goes noisy after about 5 minutes and I
can't localize the cause with spray freezer)

Resolder all the PCB pass through joints. Mine did that as well. After a thorough resolder and re-pinning, all is well.

:D

I hooked my SQD-2010 up to play a bit a few days ago and it seems to develop an annoying hum after a bit, that only goes away when the power is shut off. Is this the condition you are describing? I also may have a photocopy of the 2020 tech manual, but I have moved recently and I will have to look for it. You are welcome to a copy if it will help.

All the Best, Mike.

Thanks Sqdave1975 resoldering the 'dry' (cold) joints did
the trick.
Quadzzzilla - the problem was white noise with ocasional
'crackles'. Your problem sounds more power supply related.
I would still like a manual if anyone can copy it for me.
THanks,
RIchard

Hey Quadzilla:
It sounds like the filter caps in your power supply are bad. A common problem with old electronics. Replace them. Also, if there are any regulator transistors, they could be shorted, applying full power supply voltage to the circuitry. The best way to tell is if the collector and emitter have the same voltage on them. A normally operating regulator not only regulates voltage, but also operates as an active ripple filter. A zener diode in the regulator circuit going bad can also cause this, by biasing the regulator transistor hard on.
Good Luck

The Quadfather

thank all of you for your great info. i too would love to get a copy of the service manual. i be happy to pay a reasonable amount for the copy. please e-mail me at [email protected] if you can provide.
thanks,
ydnar

SERVICE MANUAL SQD-2020 !!!!!

HOLD EVERYTHING. I WAS GOING THREW SOME OLD FILES AND I FOUND I HAVE COPY'S OF PAGES 26-38 OF THE SERVICE MANUAL THIS IS THE SCHEMATICS AND BOARD LAYOUTS WITH VOLTAGES FOR THE EARLIER AND REVISED UNITS. Please contact me at the above e-mail for more info.

Back