DVD/DTS Poll Squire, Chris & Steve Hackett (Squackett) - Life Within A Day [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Audio-DVD of Squire & Hackett - LIFE WITHIN A DAY

• 10: Great Surround, Great Content, Great Fidelity

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Content, Poor Fidelity

• Total voters

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this release that comes with a DTS and Dolby 5.1 Audio DVD.(n) (y)

Attachments

• squackett.jpg
    squackett.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 465
Disappointed with this release. The songs don't grab me, and the sonics are "muddy".

Being a fan of Yes and Genesis (and Squire & Hackett individually I was hoping that this was going to be something more than it is.

On the plus side I like the packaging (apart form the cardboard sleeves for the discs).

On the negative - I don't like the disc authoring - the menu looks tacky, and the graphics quality isn't great.

Possibly the most highly anticipated but dissappointing surround discs of this year.

The music was uninspiring as was the mix and the format was the final let down, along with the higher than average price.

The sum of the parts are definatly greater than the whole in this case

Disappointed with this release. The songs don't grab me, and the sonics are "muddy".

Being a fan of Yes and Genesis (and Squire & Hackett individually I was hoping that this was going to be something more than it is.

On the plus side I like the packaging (apart form the cardboard sleeves for the discs).

On the negative - I don't like the disc authoring - the menu looks tacky, and the graphics quality isn't great.

Short and not so sweet review, agree on everything you have said, I was also looking forward to this release and had high expectations as both people have put out so much good music. The surround just doesn't sound very good, muddy and over compressed. There are a couple of songs that sound ok but over all not very good.

peter

Back