SRV & Byrds to be Hybrid M/C releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A photo from discogs shows a date of 2015 :unsure: -seems unlikely; but the discogs member
"DirkLerxstandPratt" posted the pic. so if it's legit, I'd assume he's some kind of insider with the actual disc, or a bogus made-up printed deep fake 🧐

View attachment 67241

This is a legitimate one-of-a-kind reference pressing that was never released.
The guy who is selling out the remaining AF inventory offered a few titles like this for sale as collectibles last year.
This one went very early, it was sold by the time I saw the listing.
Multichannel

I thought the stereo was pretty extreme, if not primitive. Can't imagine a decent quad mix coming out of this. AF sold a test pressing a few years ago. I think the asking price was $100; it went pretty quickly.

A photo from discogs shows a date of 2015 :unsure: -seems unlikely; but the discogs member
"DirkLerxstandPratt" posted the pic. so if it's legit, I'd assume he's some kind of insider with the actual disc, or a bogus made-up printed deep fake 🧐

View attachment 67241

There's something decidedly odd about that date though...I mean 13/17/2015? Lol...What's Happening?!?!

Yes, there was a sale of discs from audio Fidelity like this. Most were familiar fare but this one stuck out. Both rtbluray and I looked at this but it was too late. it was already sold. I believe it was $100.

if this didn’t happen during my QQ downtime I would’ve said something sooner.

IIRC this was actually described as a Quad mix so presumably not the 5.1 mix made by Tom Cadley that had been scheduled for release by Sony a few years ago...withdrawn sadly. There are a couple of prior threads here that discuss it.

If it was that would be a surprise to me as Sony had this album on their upcoming 5.1 SACD listing , early in 2003.

Also you may want to read the first few posts on this thread by Thom Cadley , and the responses.

If somehow he made it a 4.1 SACD mix , I surely would not mind.

@zobalob

Hey you may have guessed correctly , good job.
According to the last listing provided by AF it was not 5.1 as Sony stated but a "4.0 quad" mix.
BTW Just FOUND this out , today !!
So thankyou , for the QUAD SACD information.

Back