Quad LP/Tape Poll Starr, Ringo: Goodnight Vienna [Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Goodnight Vienna"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: So-so

• 1: Bad Sound, Bad Mix, Bad Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Yep, the one Ringo Quad....

Side 1:

1. (It's All Down To) Goodnight Vienna
2. Occapella
3. Oo-Wee
4. Husbands And Wives
5. Snookeroo

Side 2:

1. All By Myself
2. Call Me
3. No No Song
4. Only You (And You Alone)
5. Easy For Me
6. Goodnight Vienna (Reprise)

ED :)

I really liked this tape. Sure, some of the music is of.... questionable quality, but c'mon.... IT'S RINGO!!! He's the only Beatle I've ever actually met and I recall him being very genuine and funny! I really get that feeling listening to this tape.... it's just good ol' fun! You can snap your fingers, you can sing along, you can almost dance to a few of the songs. My fave?? The No-No song! :D

Nice discrete mix almost all the way through. Good Definition, and just FUN to listen to. This is another (of few tapes) that I can actually listen to all the way through.

I done gives it a 10.

How can you not like "Snookeroo"!! On the quad tape, you can really hear Elton banging on his Piano.

There are a few slow spots, but the highlights easily make up for those. Too bad we never got to hear his first LP on Q8.

How can you not like "Snookeroo"!! On the quad tape, you can really hear Elton banging on his Piano.

There are a few slow spots, but the highlights easily make up for those. Too bad we never got to hear his first LP on Q8.

My little Sister will get up and dance to Snookeroo! But she's just as crazy as me.... so it's all good! :)

One more thing about this tape I discovered when putting it down to hard drive for conversion.

I was playing the rear channels to "Only You" from the PC, and at the end, where Ringo sings "Only You" repeatedly, one of the "Only You's" is John Lennon, solo!!! I tell you, that gave me a chill!

In the stereo version, Ringo drowns him out on that particular measure, but if you listen closely you can hear him. In quad, there he is! :D

One more thing about this tape I discovered when putting it down to hard drive for conversion.

I was playing the rear channels to "Only You" from the PC, and at the end, where Ringo sings "Only You" repeatedly, one of the "Only You's" is John Lennon, solo!!! I tell you, that gave me a chill!

In the stereo version, Ringo drowns him out on that particular measure, but if you listen closely you can hear him. In quad, there he is! :D

In the lost lennon tapes radio series , they played Only You with John doing the lead vocal complete with John's count in/talking at the start...same mix for everything else as Ringo's .....
Years later in the box set of demos there is a remixed version...better quality sound but a much worse mix and no John at the start before the song starts...The backing vocals of John and Harry nillson are virtually the same on John and Ringo's versions....years ago I joined the 2 together, alternating a l lead vocal line of John's with a vocal line from Ringo...lot's of fun when the 2 of them share lead vocals ........although as a duet the song's lyrics does not lend itself well to 2 guys doing it!!

Back