• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Stephen Stills DVD-A?

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
What? That could be an official "Holy Crap!"

(Just ordered. 12.76 (Pounds) from Amazon UK to the USA. Ships on November 8th!)

Only time will tell! :D

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I sure (hope) they're right and that it's DVD-A with 5.1 audio. But I'll probably wait and see what you guys get. Seems to me that earlier this year someone posted here at QQ about a possible deluxe Stephen Stills re-issue with a bonus disc, if I'm not mistaken? But we didn't know anything about it as far as if it was just a regular CD or otherwise. Wonder if this is that release, finally.

Edit: I was Googleing for any and all info I could find on this upcoming release and happened to come across the QQ thread that I was thinking about. Or at least I think it is. Here's the link, though that thread is somewhat outdated at this point: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?13028-Stephen-Stills-Stephen-Stills-2-CD-DVDA

Last edited:

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
So... Stephen Stills - an American artist - get the deluxe treatment in the UK and we don't get it here? What a shame.

By they way... I ordered mine at the price of 14.99GBP plus shipping. When I checked out it came up as 12.76GBP plus shipping - BONUS!!

The Rang

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
So... Stephen Stills - an American artist - get the deluxe treatment in the UK and we don't get it here? What a shame.

By they way... I ordered mine at the price of 14.99GBP plus shipping. When I checked out it came up as 12.76GBP plus shipping - BONUS!!
They automatically remove the VAT (17%) if you are not in the EU :)

timbre4

Super Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
That is both 'holy' and 'crap' intact. Hard to imagine we would not see it here stateside at some point. Gotta be.

This package (by the provided description) was probably formatted at the same time as both the Crosby & Nash packages so a CD+DVD-A pkg seems assured.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
Remember "way back" when Graham Nash was promoting "Songs for Survivors", and he mentioned that there would be DVD-A releases from Him, David, Stephen as well as CSN/Y? The biggest "Holy Crap" of all would be a Deja Vu DVD-A, or something along those lines. I don't care WHAT country they originate it from, I'm down for one.

This is pretty amazing news if it's true. Not just that it's ANOTHER old, classic rock title, one that wasn't even that mainstream, but the fact that it's a DVD-AUDIO disc flys in the face of the corporate logic train. If RHINO can do this release, why can't they at least add a DVD-A track to their Quadio discs, even if they keep it off the sleeve and jacket (and just make it a surprise!) :D

Chris Gerhard

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I had seen some suggest the possibility that Warner/Rhino could release a DVD-A in Europe but I sure didn't expect to actually see anything.

The Rang

Exactly, the Quadio titles should be stealth DVD-Audio. Great to see this title, looking forward to it!
Yup....I'd buy if they were.
So far I'm sitting on the fence and leaning towards the "no" side.
In that price range I'll stick with SACD and DVD-A....like the Stephen Stills which I've already pre-ordered :)

elroy

600 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
"What? That could be an official "Holy Crap!" "
"This is a "Holy Crap!""
""Holy Crap!!" fer sure. "
"That is both 'holy' and 'crap' intact."

Sounds like there ought to be a "Holy Crap" section of QQ...

Kazaam

701 Club - QQ All-Star
The Amazon UK description currently says 2-discs (presumably 1 CD + 1 DVD-A?), but the link someone provided to Play.com currently has a description of "2 CD & DVD-A" (so 3 discs, I suppose?).

Any thoughts as to whether there are going to be 2 special editions out there? Or is one of them likely a typo or otherwise incorrect?

John Svensson

Likewise, I liked the first two in the Trilogy. Now to put a bug in their ear to release "Blows Against The Empire"...kind of in the same vein. John Svensson

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The Amazon UK description currently says 2-discs (presumably 1 CD + 1 DVD-A?), but the link someone provided to Play.com currently has a description of "2 CD & DVD-A" (so 3 discs, I suppose?).

Any thoughts as to whether there are going to be 2 special editions out there? Or is one of them likely a typo or otherwise incorrect?
People in USA can't order from the play site anyway.

Group builder