Stephen Stills DVD-A?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be worth it!! I still have the LP. I'm ordering for sure.
Now if only we could get CSNY's first & Deja Vu in multichannel DVD-A......one can wish :)

Yep - that's what I want---------

I want to see the Smashing Pumpkins' "Siamese Dream" in hi-rez 5.1 surround. ;)

But, yeah, I'd love to get some CSN/Y in surround, to be sure! It'll probably never happen, but you never know, right? I'd certainly take the first couple of albums in 5.1. Though, I'd really love if there was a quality CSN/Y hits package done up in surround so that I could hear all their career highlights, including the more-or-less-Crosbyless hits from "Daylight Again" and even the one semi-hit song from the "American Dreams" album. But I'd probably stop at 1988 or whenever it was that album came out as I've never quite warmed up to any of the material after that.

People in USA can't order from the play site anyway.

That'll make my decision on where to buy very easy, to be sure! I just thought it was curious that the number of discs stated to be included in the package between the two store's descriptions appears to differ. Oh well... my guess is that the Amazon description of a 1CD+1DVDA set is most likely the correct one since it matches the description in that blog over at The Second Disc. We'll see. Heck, at this point I'm still not 100% sure if it'll even truly be 5.1 DVD-Audio; though, I'm confident enough that I'll probably place my preorder very soon.

OK, I bit and just pre-ordered. I hadn't realized that the dollar had gotten so much stronger against the pound! :D

Amazon UK is actually pretty good. I got the Apple box for 127 pounds, while it's $300 on the US site. They ship pretty quickly, and with "normal" shipping, things arrive surprisingly fast.

That's what I was wondering too. 11.99 pounds equals roughly $19.20 as of today, not bad. but it is odd that it isn't being released here. Nothing with a Amazon U.S. "Stephen Stills" search: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...pular&field-keywords=Stephen+Stills&x=16&y=23

Amazon UK is a good option for U.S. buyers. Perhaps we might see something here after the release date.

DVD-A is apparently dead for US Warner. What was the last DVD-A release by Warner/Rhino in the US? I don't recall what it was but I don't think it was recent, probably 2008.

In a slightly different direction... I have been wondering... When was the last Warner/Rhino DVD-A from the United Kingdom?

Did Rhino UK even do much DVD-Audio?

Uh-oh...

The Amazon UK description no longer says "+Dvda" as it did when I ordered it. Now it simply says "+DVD". Also, instead of saying it's a "preorder" for release on Nov.8, it just says "Temporarily Out of Stock".

Not sure if any of this means anything at all, but it does make me wonder what exactly is going to be on that DVD. Will it still be 5.1 as reported by The Second Disc blog? Will the reported "DVD-Audio" portion turn out to really just be an "Audio DVD" in Dolby Digital? We'll see! At least this is an album that I don't yet have on CD so it won't be a total loss regardless of whatever we find on the DVD part.

EDIT: Looks like the Play and Amazon.de websites still list as DVD-A, though. Hopefully! :)

I have not ordered it, thinking it odd there is no stateside announcement & pre-order. Have made an industry inquiry but no reply as yet.

Logically this release would configured as CD+DVD-A as the Graham Nash & David Crosby solo albums were. It is illogical (IMHO) to offer such a release and *not* allow US fans to buy it.

I have also noticed it no longer says dvda and this makes me nervous. The dvd could be anything including a making of documentary. As such, I am holding off from ordering it.
Also, for a release allegedly less than one week away why are there no details of the contents in the listing?

Back