Stephen Stills DVD-A?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? That could be an official "Holy Crap!"

(Just ordered. 12.76 (Pounds) from Amazon UK to the USA. Ships on November 8th!)

Only time will tell! :D

I sure (hope) they're right and that it's DVD-A with 5.1 audio. But I'll probably wait and see what you guys get. Seems to me that earlier this year someone posted here at QQ about a possible deluxe Stephen Stills re-issue with a bonus disc, if I'm not mistaken? But we didn't know anything about it as far as if it was just a regular CD or otherwise. Wonder if this is that release, finally.

Edit: I was Googleing for any and all info I could find on this upcoming release and happened to come across the QQ thread that I was thinking about. Or at least I think it is. Here's the link, though that thread is somewhat outdated at this point: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?13028-Stephen-Stills-Stephen-Stills-2-CD-DVDA

Last edited:
So... Stephen Stills - an American artist - get the deluxe treatment in the UK and we don't get it here? What a shame.

By they way... I ordered mine at the price of 14.99GBP plus shipping. When I checked out it came up as 12.76GBP plus shipping - BONUS!!

So... Stephen Stills - an American artist - get the deluxe treatment in the UK and we don't get it here? What a shame.

By they way... I ordered mine at the price of 14.99GBP plus shipping. When I checked out it came up as 12.76GBP plus shipping - BONUS!!

They automatically remove the VAT (17%) if you are not in the EU :)

That is both 'holy' and 'crap' intact. Hard to imagine we would not see it here stateside at some point. Gotta be.

This package (by the provided description) was probably formatted at the same time as both the Crosby & Nash packages so a CD+DVD-A pkg seems assured.

Remember "way back" when Graham Nash was promoting "Songs for Survivors", and he mentioned that there would be DVD-A releases from Him, David, Stephen as well as CSN/Y? The biggest "Holy Crap" of all would be a Deja Vu DVD-A, or something along those lines. I don't care WHAT country they originate it from, I'm down for one.

This is pretty amazing news if it's true. Not just that it's ANOTHER old, classic rock title, one that wasn't even that mainstream, but the fact that it's a DVD-AUDIO disc flys in the face of the corporate logic train. If RHINO can do this release, why can't they at least add a DVD-A track to their Quadio discs, even if they keep it off the sleeve and jacket (and just make it a surprise!) :D

I had seen some suggest the possibility that Warner/Rhino could release a DVD-A in Europe but I sure didn't expect to actually see anything.

Exactly, the Quadio titles should be stealth DVD-Audio. Great to see this title, looking forward to it!

Yup....I'd buy if they were.
So far I'm sitting on the fence and leaning towards the "no" side.
In that price range I'll stick with SACD and DVD-A....like the Stephen Stills which I've already pre-ordered :)

"What? That could be an official "Holy Crap!" "
"This is a "Holy Crap!""
""Holy Crap!!" fer sure. "
"That is both 'holy' and 'crap' intact."

Sounds like there ought to be a "Holy Crap" section of QQ...

The Amazon UK description currently says 2-discs (presumably 1 CD + 1 DVD-A?), but the link someone provided to Play.com currently has a description of "2 CD & DVD-A" (so 3 discs, I suppose?).

Any thoughts as to whether there are going to be 2 special editions out there? Or is one of them likely a typo or otherwise incorrect?

The Amazon UK description currently says 2-discs (presumably 1 CD + 1 DVD-A?), but the link someone provided to Play.com currently has a description of "2 CD & DVD-A" (so 3 discs, I suppose?).

Any thoughts as to whether there are going to be 2 special editions out there? Or is one of them likely a typo or otherwise incorrect?
People in USA can't order from the play site anyway.

Back