Steve Hackett Selling England by the Pound and Spectral Mornings live at the Hammersmith 5.1 mixed by Steven Wilson

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I feel like this is old news, but I can't find anything here about it. Mods, please feel free to delete or merge this thread if I missed something. (I am at work right now and only have access on my phone.)

Hackett's Facebook page just mentioned that this concert is being released in September in multiple formats including a Blu-Ray with a 5.1 mix by Steven Wilson.

CD/Blu-Ray for £15.49 :)
Here’s a show which takes you as close as possible into the live experience, with all the bells and whistles of an unrepeatable event: Great live sound by Ben Fenner, fabulous mixes by Roger King, amazing surround sound by Steven Wilson and an extraordinary band on fire!” - Steve Hackett

When are we gonna start seeing the dolby atmos remixes? :p

Next year. His new studio has Atmos mixing capability and two upcoming releases announced for 2021--his latest solo album and a remix of Gentle Giant's Free Hand--will include an Atmos audio option.

This feels like the most activity we've seen from SW since he announced he was taking on less remix projects for other artists a year or two ago. I don't think it'll ever go back to the glory days of 2013-16 where we'd get four or five remixes from him per year in addition to his own music, but it's pretty exciting that Ultravox, this Hackett live release, The Future Bites, and 3(!) Gentle Giant albums are all in the pipeline.

Next year. His new studio has Atmos mixing capability and two upcoming releases announced for 2021--his latest solo album and a remix of Gentle Giant's Free Hand--will include an Atmos audio option.

This feels like the most activity we've seen from SW since he announced he was taking on less remix projects for other artists a year or two ago. I don't think it'll ever go back to the glory days of 2013-16 where we'd get four or five remixes from him per year in addition to his own music, but it's pretty exciting that Ultravox, this Hackett live release, The Future Bites, and 3(!) Gentle Giant albums are all in the pipeline.

And maybe Olias of Sunhillow.

Last edited:
Back